UBB.Dev
Posted By: CTM Project Orca - 04/21/2003 10:55 PM
In case some of you didn't realise, there's a brand new project out there - Project Orca. I didn't know about it until one of the IRCOps on IPHQ pointed it out to me a few weeks back. It's basically a client that records how many keystrokes you make, and periodically (specified by you) uploads the number of keystrokes you make to its server. If you're part of a team, your stats get added to your team's total.

It's nothing huge and you don't get a reward for it (apart from knowing the number of keys you press in an average day laugh ), but then again it doesn't interfere with the actions of the UD Agent and it's kinda fun. smile

If enough people were interested I was thinking of setting up a UBBDev team (Allen-permitting wink ). Is anyone currently/interested in taking part in this? smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Project Orca - 04/21/2003 11:05 PM
it's fine with me... tho a bit silly tipsy
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Project Orca - 04/21/2003 11:32 PM
cool...there may be something productive of my falling asleep on my keyboard after all tipsy
Posted By: Dave2 Re: Project Orca - 04/22/2003 12:16 AM
*uses all of his apps via Remote X and SSH to increase local keystrokes*

I'm ready wink
Posted By: CTM Re: Project Orca - 04/22/2003 12:46 AM
Hurray! laugh Thanks Allen smile

Dave: I dunno if I'm right in saying this, but I think the client's only for Win32 machines... frown I'll have to check on that.

Anyway, for anyone else who might like to sign up, the URL is http://www.project-orca.com . When you're all set up and registered, installed and logged in via the site, click "Your Account" in the menu, click "Change Teams" and click "Join" next to Team 582, which is Team IPHQ. We plan on renaming the team to "Team UBBDev" as soon as that feature's available. smile
Posted By: Dave2 Re: Project Orca - 04/22/2003 9:49 PM
/me is currently on a Windows machine (doing damn coursework. I'm sure I'm doing about 200% more than needed to get an A* for this piece, but I didn't want to learn Lotus Approach. Back to PHP/MySQL/vim for me) - I compiled myself an XFree86 for Windows. And use PuTTY.
Posted By: LK Re: Project Orca - 04/29/2003 2:07 PM
Using the haxxor thingy might help finding a cure for cancer, and this would help finding a cure for computer couch potatoes?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Project Orca - 04/29/2003 4:52 PM
heheh wink
© UBB.Developers