UBB.Dev
Posted By: Mark Schonfeld free song for download... - 09/26/2003 4:25 AM
I posted this on Randy's forum too..

For some odd reason I have a really really old song online right now. I don't know how or why it's online as it's really old, and my hosting account is only a few months old.

Rather than taking it offline I figured what the hell. I'm not using the account for anything so I might as well use some of my bandwidth.. smile

So anyways, it's a freebie for you guys to download. I hope you enjoy. If you want to even link friends to it I don't care. I've got 8GB bandwidth. Of this I've used all of like 30MB! LOL!

http://www.markschonfeld.com/Young_And_Beautiful.mp3

Enjoy.. smile
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: free song for download... - 09/26/2003 5:30 AM
Cool song, what part(s) did you play?
Posted By: Mark Schonfeld Re: free song for download... - 09/26/2003 5:39 AM
well.. from a question of what part did I make.. the answer would be all....

from the standpoint of what part did I play.. the answer would be none.

This song was done a long time ago when I was using a program called Acid Pro 2 (now Acid Pro 4)... I actually made some (3) of the demo songs for Acid Pro 3, but I don't use Acid at all anymore. Acid was(is) a loop based / sample based program where I'd use sample libraries and chop loops up rearranging them...etc. to make a song. Basically I'd start with these little 4-bar loops of individual sounds, and then I'd screw with them one by one (with about 30 going simultaneously together) to make the song. Very time-consuming, and very limiting to creativity (needless to say it's a pain in the rear).

Since this song I've upgraded to a REAL studio where I actually can PLAY the instruments (synthesizers) myself and record into a Pro-tools type program. I find this much more enjoyable.. and I have much more control.

So anyways, to answer your question.. if the mouse is considered an instrument... then all.. if not.. then none. smile
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: free song for download... - 09/26/2003 5:57 PM
Really cool!
Posted By: Mark Schonfeld Re: free song for download... - 09/26/2003 6:01 PM
correction... I was sleepy.. I made demo songs for Acid 4 Pro... using Acid Pro 3. Oops.

Thanks for the kind words guys. smile
© UBB.Developers