UBB.Dev
Posted By: Saxeus 0 post users... - 10/26/2003 1:54 PM
Well, just did a search on my board and saw that over 50% was just members with 0 posts. So I emailed all of them asking if they want to participate or is it just bulk registration. I got like 80 addresses replying they didn't want to get their membership removed from the board while over two thousand have to be deleted in order to ease the maintenance of the board through cp.

There are 58 pages and in each of them I have to search if these 80 people are and take care to not remove them. But that takes a lifetime. Though I thought there could be a simple addon code in the perl script to add a field where I can put 80 emails or more in future, which I want to exclude from the results. This way I can easily delete all the members with 0 posts without worrying about those who replied.

Is it hard to do or is there any other way to do it?
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: 0 post users... - 10/27/2003 5:03 AM
hmmm... 0 posters are common for most all sites. I don't think what you're asking has ever been done before and I can't think of a way it could be done except for looking through each page of search results a deselecting those you wanna keep. smirk
Posted By: Saxeus Re: 0 post users... - 10/27/2003 10:23 AM
Once I thought of banning the 80 members and they either would not appear in the results or if they do, they will have the red mark of being banned, for easier reckognizing. I'm gonna try that out.

Hey AA, is there any mod for a tighten way of registering to the board which I can apply? I want the new members to type reasons in a field, regarding why they're trying to register, because with 'Terms of Agreement' they just skip it and click "I agree".

*waves*
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: 0 post users... - 10/27/2003 2:54 PM
Howdy smile

You can use one of your custom profile fields for that if you like and set it so they have to answer...
Posted By: Saxeus Re: 0 post users... - 10/27/2003 7:17 PM
Yea, but then that would appear in their profiles... I'm gonna think that out.

Thanks smile
© UBB.Developers