UBB.Dev
Posted By: RandyM Your non-UBB sites - 12/27/2003 5:06 AM
So, what do you people build besides UBB? I posted a blog thread awhile back that got some good responses, but what else do you do?

I have a new project site that's built on asp.net and dotnet Framework 1.1 with SQL 2000. It fits what I do for a job. It's at Netwerkin.neT . Right now it's best viewed in IE because the DHTML menu is a bit picky but I'm fixing that. I use Mozilla, Opera and Netscape on a daily basis. I'm posting tutorials as well as some blog/other useless stuff.

Well, where are your links? smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Your non-UBB sites - 12/27/2003 5:31 AM
PHP and computer programs when my coders are around...

Right now we're building a program to monitor servers in case of outages, we call it "Big Brother"... v1.0 should be public this week, only version we have as a working demo is our beta 1... Beta 2 shoudl be out tomorrow heh...
Posted By: Ron M Re: Your non-UBB sites - 12/29/2003 7:21 PM
Lately, I've been writing a lot of PHP both at work and at home. My current project is redesigning the corporate website for where I work.

I basically took the current site, threw the layout and design off the roof and created a new site.

Screenshot of the new layout: Here!

This is totally PHP/MySQL based, complete with some web based admin tools for uploading files to the Repository, adding news stories, and editing the left navigation.

The current version of the site on the web was created using Adobe Pagemill, has inconsisitant navigation, and the colors are well...I'm not fond of them smile
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Your non-UBB sites - 12/29/2003 8:36 PM
Yeh, I'm not too good at mysql, I've tried to learn but I can't find any well coded examples smirk...
Posted By: RandyM Re: Your non-UBB sites - 12/31/2003 3:50 AM
I'm afraid that MySQL just screws me up on the job using SQL 2000. MySQL is truer to the standard than M$ SQL 2K is but it can't perform as well. Then again it doesn't cost anywhere near as much. I will probably never know anymore about PHP and Perl than I do now since I'm not exposed to it except on my boards and you guys do all the code hacks.

C# is a requirement for what i'm doing going forward and asp.net of course. I'm not planning on migrating Netwerkin.com to anything else though. It's going to stay the happy little UBB site that it is now.
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Your non-UBB sites - 01/06/2004 7:08 AM
argghh... who has time for a non-ubb site? tipsy
© UBB.Developers