UBB.Dev
Posted By: MsGuidedAngel Email Virus Worm Going Around!! - 01/28/2004 1:25 AM
Hello Everyone!

Please be careful, there's and Email Worm going around to all computers and servers and acconuts. My Norton Anti-Virus caught it and helped me remove it from my system. The link to Norton-Symantec for information to this Virus and how to deal with and fix it is at Norton-Symantec Web Site !!

Please be very careful what Emails you open, that says somtimes says "Mail Deliverly System Failed" there are other's see the above web page to help you understand how to get rid of this headache!!

I hope, I've help other's from getting the headache I got.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Email Virus Worm Going Around!! - 01/28/2004 1:42 AM
Yeh, the cable guy came by today and hooked me up. I get online and get my work email working.... First 7 emails are viruses... to my work email no less... At least my private emails are filtered through a spam blocker and i'll probably never see them...
Posted By: Ron M Re: Email Virus Worm Going Around!! - 01/28/2004 5:52 PM
Here at my office we run a 150 User exchange server, and blocked at least 200 instances of this yesterday (Our mail goes through about 3 different checks before being delivered to user)
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: Email Virus Worm Going Around!! - 01/28/2004 10:21 PM
I've stopped counting after the first hour of it. If I were to guess I'd say I've received a few thousand copies of it. :
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Email Virus Worm Going Around!! - 01/28/2004 11:20 PM
Well, today was fun just looking at norton scanning my filters directory... I had a little over 4000 alerts...

Scan type: Scheduled Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: W32.Novarg.A@mm
File: C:Program FilesDigiPortal [email protected] [email protected]>>message.zip
Computer: LAPTOP
User: Gizmo
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine succeeded :
Date found: Wed Jan 28 03:58:53 2004
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Email Virus Worm Going Around!! - 01/29/2004 12:01 AM
New B-variant making the rounds today. DoS on both microsoft and sco.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Email Virus Worm Going Around!! - 01/29/2004 1:56 AM
Darn, no notice from norton on an upgrade today, guess i'll check tonight for a new update (just got the current last night).
© UBB.Developers