UBB.Dev
Posted By: tackaberry Cool Stuff - 01/29/2004 12:04 AM
What are some of your favorite toys?

You know...

The gadgets that you love to show off to friends, family and even strangers?

The.."hey, you got to check this out", kind of stuff?
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Cool Stuff - 01/29/2004 1:54 AM
I had a HP Jornada 690, the sweetest little machine i've ever laid my hands on... My ex stole it though...

I have 2 Yaesu VX5R's (standard red LED's, modded for freq usage, plan on modding LED's when I get a new iron).

Umm, I'm into Anime, so I have all of Fushugi Yugi on VHS and DUEL! on DVD.

I'm also into chainmaille so I have a few boxes full of coils of chain and wire crimpers.
Posted By: Stilgar Re: Cool Stuff - 01/29/2004 3:58 AM
Here's what I always show off:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: *Cartman* Re: Cool Stuff - 01/29/2004 3:02 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: Cool Stuff - 01/29/2004 8:58 PM
You had to know I'd say TiVo! wink

Besides it, I love showing off my home computer/video/audio network and whole house distribution system. All my TiVos, the DVD player, and the stereo are located in my home/office but you can watch or listen to any of them and also control them with a remote in every room in the house. Same goes for my primary desktop which was a "home media PC" before they coined the term.

Then theres also my photography and my collection of antique cameras. But most people are most impressed with my tiny Pentax Optio-S which I always have with me and keep in an Altoids mint can.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: tackaberry Re: Cool Stuff - 01/29/2004 9:25 PM
Steve, did the Optio-S come in an altoids tin? A friend of mine has one, and he also carries it in an altoids tin. I have the Optio 430RS, which I like a lot. The S seemed too small for my hands, but it's a sweet little camera. I find the 430RS to be a little sluggish when taking pictures. That will be a consideration when I look to buy a new one in the future, one that shoots/writes superfast. Other than that I love the feel of the 430RS in my hands.

I'm also digging the Pioneer 810. I'm finally able to record all the shows on cable (since my other TiVo is hooked up to the cable line and not the box). The DVD burner is pretty good too, although I made a mistake of recording a 90 minute show in the highest quality, as a result it hard to be split onto 2 DVD's. Extreme/Fine gets 1 hr, High/SP 2 hrs, Med/LP 4 hrs and Low/EP 8 hrs. Also transferring a lot of programs over HMO. Medium programs cache and play at the same time, but Fine takes a long time to transfer over.
Posted By: MsGuidedAngel Re: Cool Stuff - 01/29/2004 11:34 PM
"You can always tell the difference between men and boys, by the price of their toys"

Presents Direct Mens Toys-Fun & Games Web site
Here's a link fer ya all. Have fun Shopping, I know, I LOVE shopping!!

My daddy used to say the above saying to other's and I would hear it all the time. :rolleyes:
Posted By: usr bin geek Re: Cool Stuff - 01/30/2004 9:48 PM
No you have to supply your own tin. Not a problem for me. I go though a tin of Altoids a week anyway.
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Cool Stuff - 01/31/2004 1:42 AM
I have a Kodak Digital Mactiva KVC-FD71, I chose it due to the ability to take photos directly to the floppy wink ...
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Cool Stuff - 01/31/2004 2:01 AM
My first real "toy":

[Linked Image]

Lots of fun in the mud, I've had it in mud up to the fenders a couple times in the last month cool It rains ~60 inches /year, so there's plenty of mud to go around laugh
Posted By: Stilgar Re: Cool Stuff - 01/31/2004 2:05 AM
AA has a thing for mud I think....

[Linked Image]

laugh laugh laugh

Yes... I do save everything I believe to be useful. laugh
Posted By: Gizmo Re: Cool Stuff - 01/31/2004 2:11 AM
hahaha
Posted By: AllenAyres Re: Cool Stuff - 01/31/2004 2:13 AM
hehe wink The more things change... laugh
© UBB.Developers