UBB.Dev
The lockergnome newsletter had this nice little download:

Fass is a small post editor & automated post generator that lets you design and preview posts for online forums.

It supports standard ubbcode and includes an automated, template-based post generator. Create your post, format it to your preference and then copy/paste the code into the board.

Additional features include saving/loading of text, drafts and more. It can also be customized by webmasters and distributed to forum users.
Interesting smile What would be the benefit? The drafts?
you wouldn't need to use post preview, I guess.
You ever write out a huge post, click submit, find out the forums consider "
This would help
Originally posted by Ian Spence:

You ever write out a huge post, click submit, find out the forums consider "
Well, no, can't say as I have. I know better. I'm not "
tipsy

I have occasionally lost long posts for some reason or another, but it seems like the extra time/hassle of a seperate app would give more chance for error and additional time not made up by the occasional lost post.

It's probably useful for some tho smile
I write out all my long posts such as release announcements or other news in Word™ or UltraEdit™, then print them and proofread them and check them for accuracy. As I think I know UBBCode a little bit I feel ok without training wheels.

I do, however, agree that there are enough people out that with a large enough desire for a Fass type of thing to make it worthwhile.

Kind of like the HTML rich text editor active x addons some people mae for .classic and we put into Buzzcast.
3 words for you all... Speach, to, Text...
© UBB.Developers