1. This background requires the
"Unplugged Tools" plugin set, which can be downloaded for free, at http://v-d-l.com. Download that and copy the files
into your plug-ins directory.
2. Open Photoshop, and create a new
image of any size, in either "White" or "Background Color" mode.
3. Select your desired Foreground
Color, and set the Background Color to White. The foreground color I used is hex
4. Run the Clouds filter
(Filter : Render : Clouds).
5. Run the Renaissance plug-in
(Filter : Unplugged Tools : Renaissance). Run it twice or three times more,
depending on your preference.
6. Run the Mosaic filter (Filter :
Pixelate : Mosaic), with a cell size setting of whatever you think looks best (I
7. Run the Renaissance plug-in once
again (Filter : Unplugged Tools : Renaissance). This adds a slight "dirty" grid
line between each of the pixel blocks.
8. Now just add text or your images
on top of that, and you're done!