Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 290
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 290
THANK YOU Zanardi! That cleaned up THAT problem. Though I had to add $ThisScrap = ""; before the if statment to get it to work. It no longer displays errant scrapbooks like it did....now, it only displays the last entry in the list. If you go back to the page listed above, you'll see there is only one user with a blue folder. Well, ALL users have an entry in scraps-list.file The one showing is the most recent addition. Here is the new code I used:

---------------
# Check for Scrapbook
my @scrapbook = &OpenFile("$MembersPath/scrap-list.file");

foreach $thisline(@scrapbook) {
my @scraps = split(/|!!|/, $thisline);
chomp($scraps[1]);
$ThisScrap = "";
if ($thisprofile[0] eq "$scraps[0]") {
$ThisScrap = qq(
Check out $thisline[2]'s Prowler ScrapBook!!!
);
}
}
------------------

Thank you so very much, it was nice to make some progress...thanks to you! Personally, I think it is that IF statement that is wrong in some way..maybe an UNLESS would be better? So far, I am getting the variable assigned, and to the right person...but it isn't doing the whole list, which is why I think the IF statement is the problem.

------------------
Tony (Vipermad) Rickard
Viper Club UBB Admin

This message has been edited by Vipermad on January 06, 2001 at 09:38 AM

Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
So close, but I need some help please! Vipermad 01/05/2001 3:49 PM
Re: So close, but I need some help please! Greg Hard 01/05/2001 10:46 PM
Re: So close, but I need some help please! zanardi 01/06/2001 2:43 AM
Re: So close, but I need some help please! Vipermad 01/06/2001 5:28 PM
Re: So close, but I need some help please! zanardi 01/06/2001 6:57 PM
Re: So close, but I need some help please! Vipermad 01/06/2001 8:10 PM
Re: So close, but I need some help please! zanardi 01/07/2001 8:38 PM
Re: So close, but I need some help please! Vipermad 01/07/2001 10:02 PM
Re: So close, but I need some help please! zanardi 01/08/2001 1:09 AM
Re: So close, but I need some help please! Vipermad 01/08/2001 2:27 AM
Re: So close, but I need some help please! zanardi 01/08/2001 5:08 AM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Posts: 1,153
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 2578
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 3
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)