Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
konsta #213209 02/01/2002 5:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,273
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,273
I was wondering if you have seen the test site I'm using to integrate a "front page" with the forums? Just in case not, here is the URL: http://www.chattersonline.com/test

I do plan on a downloads section but I will not be able to track the number of actual downloads without an external flat file database. This should be good enough for any site that's not a "download" site but just wants to keep track of any file attachments popularity.

The User List is the Members List. I don't see much of a reason to modify what's there. []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

There are statistics that are recorded already but I think your speaking of things such as referers, browser versions, hits, paths, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly charts and things of that nature. This is a bit beyond the scope of what I am trying to do but somewhere down the road I would like this myself... []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/wink.gif[/]

I will be including a "submit news" link for others to submit their articles to a board and depending on the boards settings, wait for approval before they are displayed. The news section already displays news articles posted in the "news board" to the front page so it's just a matter of providing a link to the newpost.php script for that board.

I was working on a "Latest Threads" hack but earlier today noticed that there was one... I think, by MattyJ. I didn't get a change to look at it, just seen the post listed. This is also just another way of displaying what's already been added to the forums.

A lot of the things I'm trying to do involve trying to use what is already there, for the most part. Once I think I have done all that there can be with what's there I'll look into creating some more in depth addons. []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/smile.gif[/] (I'm still learning as I go... LoL so don't expect miracles) []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/icons/wink.gif[/]


Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
Other Features? canreef_dup1 02/01/2002 10:24 PM
Re: Other Features? AllenAyres 02/01/2002 10:34 PM
Re: Other Features? WrÅith 02/01/2002 11:27 PM
Re: Other Features? canreef_dup1 02/01/2002 11:29 PM
Re: Other Features? AllenAyres 02/01/2002 11:36 PM
Re: Other Features? AllenAyres 02/01/2002 11:37 PM
Re: Other Features? JustDave 02/02/2002 12:27 AM
Re: Other Features? canreef_dup1 02/02/2002 12:33 AM
Re: Other Features? JustDave 02/02/2002 12:38 AM
Re: Other Features? AllenAyres 02/02/2002 12:53 AM
Re: Other Features? JustDave 02/02/2002 1:10 AM
Re: Other Features? canreef_dup1 02/02/2002 1:41 AM
Re: Other Features? JustDave 02/02/2002 2:04 AM
Re: Other Features? canreef_dup1 02/02/2002 2:10 AM
Re: Other Features? JustDave 02/02/2002 2:38 AM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
badfrog
badfrog
somewhere on the coast of Maine
Posts: 94
Joined: March 2007
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 94796
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 1
Birthdays 30
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)