Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 250
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 250
Hi gang,

I am bleary here... so I thought I'd throw this out to the community for some ideas to get me going.

If you look at our Entrance page:
http://www.syngnathid.org
you will see we have three image rotators in custom PAL boxes. The code for these is causing some JS warnings, probably due to the multiply-nested single and double quotes required to make it run...

But, what I am looking to do now that we have PPPro, is pull those photos out of the photo gallery, and in the same pass fix those pesky JS errors.

Here are the caveats:
1) The photo gallery has one master section called Species Gallery, which is subdivided into the 3 subcats, each corresponding with one of the images on the Entrance page (i.e. there is a "Seahorses" subcat, a "Sea-Dragons" subcat, and a "Pipefish" subcat). Each of these are further divided by commonality and species. So, I will need a clever query to get ALL of the seahorse photos so I can display a random one, and obviously the same for the other two subcats.

2) I have the current images that cycle through on the entrance page set to 200x150. Is there a way to have PPPro give me the image at that size? It seems to make images based on percentages of original size, but can I hook into GD somehow to get my thumbnail at 200x150?

If I can get that together, I would be THRILLED, so any input is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Chris


"Some dream of doing great things, while others stay awake and get on with it."
      -- Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page Raconteur_dup1 03/27/2003 10:27 PM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page omegatron 03/27/2003 11:40 PM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page Raconteur_dup1 03/27/2003 11:50 PM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page dimopoulos 03/28/2003 2:18 AM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page omegatron 03/28/2003 3:36 AM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page dimopoulos 03/28/2003 1:32 PM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page omegatron 03/28/2003 11:26 PM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page Raconteur_dup1 03/28/2003 11:35 PM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page omegatron 03/28/2003 11:46 PM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page omegatron 03/28/2003 11:51 PM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page dimopoulos 04/14/2003 3:40 PM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page omegatron 04/14/2003 9:55 PM
Re: PhotoPost Pro and photos on Entrance page dimopoulos 04/16/2003 6:23 PM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Posts: 1,153
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 2578
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 3
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)