Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 950
Hacker
Hacker
Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 950
http://www.viperalley.com/shoutcast/index.php

I know I said I would post this - and I will. I've been swampped with the release of PP4 and in what little spare time I've had, I've been playing with this Shoutcast server.

I've modified my page to display the current playing song, the number of people listening and the last 5 songs. Then I added "voting" for songs which lets the members vote up or down a song. If more than 10 votes are cast and 50% are in the negative, the song is removed from the playlist! Cool, huh? I track IPs and Usernumbers.

Also, for members I have an "upload" box which lets them upload their favorite MP3 which gets added to the playlist.

When things slow down a little, I'll post the code; there isnt much - its all just parsing the XML from ShoutCast server and displaying it.

Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? PhotoPost 05/31/2003 3:08 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? omegatron 05/31/2003 3:46 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? PhotoPost 05/31/2003 3:52 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? omegatron 05/31/2003 4:11 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AKD96 05/31/2003 4:16 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AllenAyres 05/31/2003 6:21 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? PhotoPost 05/31/2003 6:47 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AllenAyres 05/31/2003 3:34 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? PhotoPost 06/03/2003 7:51 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AllenAyres 06/05/2003 4:35 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AKD96 06/05/2003 4:00 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? PhotoPost 06/05/2003 6:27 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AKD96 06/05/2003 10:13 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? Dslam 06/06/2003 4:20 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AKD96 06/06/2003 5:41 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? Dslam 06/06/2003 5:48 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? PhotoPost 06/06/2003 7:04 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AKD96 06/06/2003 9:04 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? Dslam 06/07/2003 3:42 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AKD96 06/07/2003 11:55 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? Turbosport 06/08/2003 10:54 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? Ian_W 06/14/2003 8:38 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? Turbosport 06/14/2003 9:34 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? Ian_W 06/15/2003 2:07 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? Turbosport 06/15/2003 10:40 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? PhotoPost 06/15/2003 3:06 PM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AKD96 07/17/2003 3:55 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? PhotoPost 07/17/2003 4:33 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? AKD96 07/17/2003 5:12 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? PhotoPost 07/18/2003 2:59 AM
Re: Shoutcast PAL - Current song playing - anyone interested? djwannabe 10/03/2003 4:54 PM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Posts: 21,080
Joined: March 2000
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4697
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 4
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)