Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 3,594
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 3,594
Hehe, Shinju, I wish I woulda known your d/l location before I downloaded it from their servers yesterday. Took me for-freakin-ever.

I've been playing with this stuff... Word was primarily the only Office component I ever use with any regularity, and I can already notice that "OpenOffice Writer" seems to take a lot longer to open than Word does. The program doesn't seem all that stable either, as just writing one research paper today somehow caused two crashes. Its auto-save/restoration thing does work a good bit better than Word's though: it seems to catch itself right before it crashes long enough to save your work at that particular moment, unlike Word's which only saves every 5 or so minutes. But if it can catch itself long enough to do that, I wonder why it can't just avoid the crash altogether.

I'll try to play with the other programs too and let you all know how they compare to their Office counterparts, if anyone's interested. smile

---Jamin


Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links
Entire Thread
Subject Posted By Posted
OpenOffice 1.0 released !! Charles 05/02/2002 5:20 PM
Re: OpenOffice 1.0 released !! Jamin 05/02/2002 5:49 PM
Re: OpenOffice 1.0 released !! Brad.loo 05/02/2002 8:31 PM
Re: OpenOffice 1.0 released !! Shinju 05/03/2002 4:48 AM
Re: OpenOffice 1.0 released !! Shinju 05/03/2002 5:06 PM
Re: OpenOffice 1.0 released !! Jamin 05/03/2002 9:47 PM
Re: OpenOffice 1.0 released !! Charles 05/03/2002 11:09 PM
Re: OpenOffice 1.0 released !! DJLunacy 05/06/2002 4:13 PM
Re: OpenOffice 1.0 released !! Shinju 05/06/2002 11:23 PM

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Posts: 1,153
Joined: July 2001
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4364
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 4
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)