Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I have been trying to add another icon to the string with the ProfileString and EmailString area, and I have successfully added all the support code. I have a Control Panel area where I can enter the username and a number that corresponds with that user's scrapbook number. The data is entered in the control panel as pipe!!pipe and is written to a file. All that works. Each entry I make is added to a new line in the file and saved. I'm having a problem getting it called up right. Here is the code I use to call the variable ThisScrap:

Code
code:

If you please have a look you will notice that the 4th message has the blue folder for the scrapbook, and he is configured in the control panel. So that one worked. [Linked Image] But the following messages ALSO have the blue folder, they ARE NOT configured in the control panel, and the fly-over text belongs to message number 4. Currently, the above code is included in the same area where ThisTitle variable is assigned...but I have tried to place it in ubb_llibrary2.pl with the same results

Please check out the problem HERE!

------------------
Tony (Vipermad) Rickard
Viper Club UBB Admin

This message has been edited by Vipermad on January 06, 2001 at 09:29 AM

Sponsored Links
HI Viper! You'd probly get more help in the "Perl" forum.

------------------

Modification Developer of the Ultimate Bulletin Board
Due to time limitation, I do not offer support Via. E-mail, ICQ or AIM.
Regards,
MasterMind

Ah, here's your problem. THe script runs through the first few posts. It doesn't find the scrap book. THen on the forth post it does!

now $ThisScrap is defined. The next post. It Doesn't find the scrap book. BUT $ThisScrap still has the same data. So you'll either want an } else { or before the if statement put

$ThisScrap = '';

[Linked Image]

------------------
Powered by ZCom Bulletin Boards

THANK YOU Zanardi! That cleaned up THAT problem. Though I had to add $ThisScrap = ""; before the if statment to get it to work. It no longer displays errant scrapbooks like it did....now, it only displays the last entry in the list. If you go back to the page listed above, you'll see there is only one user with a blue folder. Well, ALL users have an entry in scraps-list.file The one showing is the most recent addition. Here is the new code I used:

---------------
# Check for Scrapbook
my @scrapbook = &OpenFile("$MembersPath/scrap-list.file");

foreach $thisline(@scrapbook) {
my @scraps = split(/|!!|/, $thisline);
chomp($scraps[1]);
$ThisScrap = "";
if ($thisprofile[0] eq "$scraps[0]") {
$ThisScrap = qq(
Check out $thisline[2]'s Prowler ScrapBook!!!
);
}
}
------------------

Thank you so very much, it was nice to make some progress...thanks to you! Personally, I think it is that IF statement that is wrong in some way..maybe an UNLESS would be better? So far, I am getting the variable assigned, and to the right person...but it isn't doing the whole list, which is why I think the IF statement is the problem.

------------------
Tony (Vipermad) Rickard
Viper Club UBB Admin

This message has been edited by Vipermad on January 06, 2001 at 09:38 AM

Hmm, im not really sure what you mean by they are configured in the control panel. Could you explain that a little be to me?

------------------
Powered by ZCom Bulletin Boards

Sponsored Links
OK here goes. Another hack gave me the idea as to how to accomplish what I want to do. I have a control panel area that lets me configure who is assigned a scrapbook. Basically, the scrapbooks are already in another part of the board, so all I wanted was to put a link (as I have) for each user who has a scrapbook. It is a up to me to configure a username for a scrapbook in the control panel. What I do is go into the control panel area I created, and I can insert a username and a corresponding scrapbook number. Not everyone has a scrapbook, so I needed to be able to assign a number based on manually entering the data for a username. The info is entered as |!!|, and it is here that the scrap-list file is created. This works...it works for the original hack (which is used by Admin only to assign a custom title, or custom titles based on post counts). Anyway, that part of the hack works as I have checked the members folder for the scrap-list.file and the proper entries. I did not want to add this to the profile, I only want it controlled by Admin.

So, I enter the data for a username, one per line, and it is written to the scrap-list.file (my little database), then it is called by the above bit of code and should give each configured user a blue folder with the proper scrapbook number.

Did any of that make sense?? [Linked Image]

For the original hack, written by Jimbo (make sure credit given where due), I enter a username in the format described above and the title I want. You notice that it works because all the titles on the page listed above are assigned by that hack. So I figured the same thing should happen with my little addition. Here is the whole sub-routine including what I added. This sub is called by ubb_library2.pl where $ThisStatus is assigned:

sub ParseUserTitles{
# Check for Post Count titles
my @posttitles = &OpenFile("$MembersPath/title-list2.file");

foreach $thisline(@posttitles) {
my @postnumtitles = split(/|!!|/, $thisline);
chomp($postnumtitles[1]);

if ($thisprofile[7] > $postnumtitles[0]) {
$ThisStatus = "$postnumtitles[1]";
}
}

# Check for Admin / Moderator Titles
if ($thisprofile[8] eq "Administrator") {
$ThisStatus = "$AdminTitle";
}
elsif ($thisprofile[8] eq "Moderator") {
$ThisStatus = "$ModeratorTitle";
}

# Check for Username Specific Titles
my @spectitles = &OpenFile("$MembersPath/title-list.file");

foreach $thisline(@spectitles) {
my @titles = split(/|!!|/, $thisline);
chomp($titles[1]);

if ($thisprofile[0] eq "$titles[0]") {
$ThisStatus = "$titles[1]";
}
}

# Check for Scrapbook
my @scrapbook = &OpenFile("$MembersPath/scrap-list.file");

foreach $thisline(@scrapbook) {
my @scraps = split(/|!!|/, $thisline);
chomp($scraps[1]);
$ThisScrap = "";
$ThisScrap = qq(
Check out $thisline[2]'s Prowler ScrapBook!!!
);
}
}
} # end smart title parsing routine

Zanardi, I am very happy to have your expertise, and I think you, more than I can put into words here, for your help

------------------
Tony (Vipermad) Rickard
Viper Club UBB Admin

Replace your foreach loop with this and tell me if it works:

LINE: for (@scrapbook) {
chomp($_);
my @scraps = split(/|!!|/,$_);
$ThisScrap = "";
$ThisScrap = qq(Check out $thisline[2]'s Prowler ScrapBook!!! );
last LINE;
}