Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OK, I have about 5 scripts that I use along with my forum. I have a link script, review script, and some other scripts that I use to let users interact more with my site. When I wrote these, I was hoping to be able to verify the username and password of the poster. So if someone wanted to add a link to their page on the link script, they must be registered. I looked through Dave's Login Script, and I have narrowed the code that verifies it down to both ubblibrary.pl scripts. Anyone have an easier way to do this? Any help will be appreciated!

* Insert cliche' quote/sentence/image here *
Sponsored Links
If you know Perl, it's not hard to do.

Use memberslist.cgi to map the username to the 8-digit user number, construct the member's profile filename from the number (e.g., 00000123.cgi), then get the password from that file.

What was more challenging was to do this from a script running on a server different from the one the UBB is on [Linked Image]

Damn, your a genius! I will do it tonight, have a dentist appointment right now. Thanks!

Edit: Here is what I have so far:

Code
code:

It works fine. Is there any way to improve it?

This message has been edited by Scud Muffin on January 16, 2001 at 02:08 PM

well I see something that needs improved. I see that after you find the user number you open the member file, but then you use a foreach to check each line with $FORM{'password'}, that's not secure at all. I think the password is on line 2. so you need to do this:

Code
code:

also I suggest you use CGI pm to parse your forms:

Code
code:

that will give you the same results as and it's better:

Code
code:

Mark B. just posted a thread about the use of -wT and other usefull things in perl. It's a very info filled article. I recommend you take a look at it if you want to increase your perl knowledge

Ahhh poo ... I had it working on my old server, I moved it to my new one, and now it doesn't work. I need some help here guys. The problem that I get is it only checks the last line of the memberslist.cgi in the Members directory. The code in the above post is pretty old, here is my new code (this is just a sub):

Code
code:

I am reading the article you recommended. I have heard of tainting and stuff before, just never knew what it did. I would be really grateful if someone could help me out soon. I have dealine to have over 19 scripts for my site done by Feb 1st. The only thing holding me up is this username and password veryfication. [Linked Image] I will give you a cookie if you help!

This message has been edited by Scud Muffin on January 26, 2001 at 10:54 PM

Sponsored Links
because you took an if else statement out of your foreach loop, and you spelled chomp wrong [Linked Image]

this code should work just fine:

Code
code:

------------------