Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
Linux.com is running a 5 part article series entitled Writing Database Oriented Web Based Applications With Perl.

So far, only part 1 has been released, but this looks like it may be an informative series of articles for any of you guys and gals that are just starting to get into this aspect of programming.

I liked the first article here and am quite anxious to see what information the author presents with the remaining four. Hopefully he does a good job. It would be very beneficial to check out this part, and bookmark and follow along for the remaining articles.

The article is at http://www.linux.com/news/articles.phtml?sid=93&aid=11857

--mark

"Annnnnnnndd now, opening for Iron Maiden...... WYLD STALLYNS!!!" --Bill S. Preston, Esquire and Ted "Theodore " Logan
Sponsored Links
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
Part two is available at http://www.linux.com/news/articles.phtml?sid=93&aid=11901

I have not had a chance to read all the way though it yet.

"Annnnnnnndd now, opening for Iron Maiden...... WYLD STALLYNS!!!" --Bill S. Preston, Esquire and Ted "Theodore " Logan
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
Part three is now out at http://www.linux.com/newsitem.phtml?sid=93&aid=11939

does anyone even care? smile

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I do, it's just a little over my head... but I am making progress... this will be useful if/when a mysql/sql server modification is written for ubb... wink

I worked a good bit with .asp and mdb stuff before I became interested in the ubb. I ran a pre-cursor to the snitz forum for a while... several other .asp and db scripts too. This is a little different tho smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
while I am thinking about it, (a little OT ;)). What is your opinion on running linux vs an apache webserver? I have done nothing but IIS4-5 (good for .asp stuff, but doesn't handle mod_perl for ubb).

I can install apache on my win2k server and run mod_perl, eh? I had read that Linux still had some work to do to catch up to IIS5 and apache as far as throughput, etc (an old article) and was wondering what you thought.

The deal, I am considering setting up a home server, to play on/ practice... and didn't know which to choose... these articles, being on linux.com, are about db's/ perl on a linux machine... would it be possible to just dual OS/ boot them and use both?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
quote:

Yes! Thanks for posting these Mark!
I am working on a new project which is still in the planning stages and have been learning/practicing along with these to bring some new ideas to the table. I appreciate you pointing these out!

laugh
[edit - note to self - learn to spell]

[ March 20, 2001: Message edited by: freakscene ]

jeremiah
Yes, Mark, please continue posting this stuff smile

I'm working on another web application (the one involving the scary location-header question), and it has to maintain a database.

Mark, I love you.. this is exactly what I wanted to find information on for my next project..

*MUWAH*

*big kisses to mark*

P.I.T.A. / Programmer
P.I.T.A. / Programmer
Part 4 is here . Enjoy.

Edit. I only skimmed this one, didn't read thoroughly yet. Hopefully it's usefull to you, however I found this one to be a bit lacking in content compared to the first couple.

--mark

[ March 26, 2001: Message edited by: Mark Badolato ]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849