Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#103620 03/14/2002 1:58 PM
ok, i've been building my board for awhile and it's almost finished so i wanted to delete all the test members and all the test posts that i made.

#1 so the first thing i did was go into "View/Edit Members Records" and i deleted all the members except me of course.

#2 the second thing i did was go into "Maintenance" and "Rebuild Forum Stat Files", "Rebuild Search Index", "Update Member Post Histories", and "Rebuild Member Stat Files".

#3 i went into "Maintenance" again and then "Pruned" all the posts since i found out that the other things i did weren't enough.

what happened after all this was my Forum 14, which is my hidden forum, says this when i try to post there,

"Could not find any forum_thread_data files! Please tell the board administrator to Rebuild Forum Stat Files for forum: 14".

so i went and did what it said and when i try to "Rebuild" the "Stat Files" for that forum it gives me the same message, "Could not find any forum_thread_data files! Please tell the board administrator to Rebuild Forum Stat Files for forum: 14".

the conclusion to all of this is that even though i've closed out the CP and all, now when you visit my site it says, that 'the administrator is working on the board and to come back later".

any ideas of what i did. if not then what files control all of what i just said, because i just backed up the UBB the other day and i could just replace those files.

whewww...thanks for reading lol -dustin

Sponsored Links
#103621 03/14/2002 3:33 PM
Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
theres a bug in the way that hack works with forum stat rebuilds.

in ubb_lib_2.cgi, find:

Code
[/code]replace with:
[code]
that should fix it iirc.

#103622 03/14/2002 3:44 PM
hmmm...this is what i have instead of what you posted. is it the same??

if ($forum_info[6] eq 'private') {
$exact_path .= "/private-$forum_info[7]";
}

thanks for replying man.

#103623 03/14/2002 10:47 PM
ok, new situation...i just went ahead and uploaded my backed up version of the UBB so that i would have a semi-fresh start. (i backed it up on the 10th so only a couple things were missing)

the funny thing is, the UBB still does the same thing. any forum that had 0 posts in it would give me that same error message on the first post and then would stop from there after. it didn't do that before though.

the thing is, i still can't get the hidden forum to work. that error message come up as soon as you click on that forum.

the post before this one didn't work. when i changed that code i just got this all white screen with an error message and it wouldn't let me get into the CP. i have UBB 6.1.0.3 so maybe that code above was for something different.

i really need help so if anybody could explain the, "Could not find any forum_thread_data files! Please tell the board administrator to Rebuild Forum Stat Files for forum: 14" error than it would be much appreciated, or is there another forum here that might be more appropriate for this problem???

#103624 03/15/2002 12:38 AM
Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
the issue with hidden forums is that a hidden forum is private. which means the thread data files are stored in ForumXX/private-XXXXX/ but the rebuild stats routine sees the forum as hidden, not private, and looks in the ForumXX/ dir for the files, sees them not there and throws an error.

the code i posted above will work regardless in 6.1.x or 6.2.x. i missed a ( and that probably caused an error, you should replace it with this:

[code][/code]

Sponsored Links
#103625 03/15/2002 4:25 PM
much appreciated man. i will check this out tonight and let you know how everything went.

#103626 03/16/2002 2:41 AM
yo, everything seems to be in working order now man.

i did your code along with some code from a post i found in the 6.1.x Beta section and it's all cool as of right now.

thanks a lot man. looking forward to getting more help from you. next is how to completely get rid of the header links and title graphic on all pages. that'll be another topic though.

-dustin

#103627 03/16/2002 3:55 AM
you know what...i found one more thing, (and i'll post this same post in 6.1 Beta in case this is not something that you're familiar with), there's three test topics in my hidden forum but on the main page it says "0".

it's not keeping a count of the what's in it for some reason.

any ideas?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849