Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
CTM
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
OK, I figured this was the best place to put this, because I think it doesn't really involve UBBs that much.

I have a UBBDev Sub-team, and I would like my Admins to get actively involved in updating the Sub-team pages (in particular, the "members and their ranks" page). I'd like them to be able to do this from the UBB CP, or any other CP for that matter.

I'm sure it can be done in Perl, but I'm also sure I don't know how it's done. Could any Perl expert explain to me how to do this?

Thanks smile

Sponsored Links
I'd do something like:

Have all your subteam pages (and other relative files) in their own directory,
add a new section in the control panel which lists the files in that directory,
have the filenames (for example) hyperlinked,
so when you click one of the links it'll take you to another page in the control panel with a big textarea where the file is loaded into.
Save/Cancel buttons at the bottom. wink

This is quite easy (pretty much what I did for my Random Quotes mod for UBB 6.3x), so you might get some code from there, unless you can wait for few hours and I'll get to it. smile

CTM
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Hmm... I would have a go, but I'm notoriously stupid at this kind of thing. Basically, I can't program in Perl to save my life.

Basically, I'm after a set of pages that does this:

(In the CP, a new dropdown saying "UBBDev Sub-Team"; inside that, "Add Member", "Edit Member" and "Delete Member")

Add/Edit Member:
[Linked Image]

Delete Member:
[Linked Image]

That's in its rawest form possible. :

I know it seems like a lot, and I know it probably seems stupid to everyone but me... Meh frown

If you're serious about working on this, Idle, I'd be very grateful smile

Oops!

Sorry, somehow your message screwed up in my mind and I thought you were talking about editing some pages. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I see what you're looking for now,
and I'll start right away. smile

Just one more thing; are you using some of the custom fields for their UD member names (like here) or something in that direction, so you can easily recognize them from other non-UD members?
If so, which of the fields?

UBB version and JCTemplates or regular templates would be useful to know, as well.
Or just a link to your board. wink

"Add Member" would allow you to select someone frmo a list of all members at your board, and write his rank/name to his profile?

And "Delete" would only delete him from the list of your Subteam members, but not his profile (clear out his UD stuff in his profile)?

What would the "View Members" do?
Would it make a list of your board members that are also in your UBBDev subteam?

Gah... I'm a bit confused.

Sponsored Links
CTM
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
I should have explained it better, sorry. frown

This doesn't involve the UBB or any profile fields; the only UBB-related part is the Control Panel. I want to be able to add, edit and delete things on another page through the CP, but the add/edit/delete stuff must be easy to understand for people who don't have a clue about HTML, like a couple of my admins.

"Add Member" would bring up a page that would allow an admin to add a new table row to the HTML page, including his name and avatar.

"Edit Member" would bring up a page that would allow an admin to edit an existing table row on the HTML page.

"Delete Member" would bring up a page that would allow an admin to remove a table row from the HTML page (ie. a member's details on the page).

I'm not using any custom fields for this, and I'm using Standard templates, not JCTemplates. I'm running version 6.3.0, and a link can be found here .

If you're still confused, please ask smile

Ahh, gotcha!

Thanks, I'll start working on it tomorrow if that's fine with you (girl wants to go out tonight 'n stuff wink ).

Edit: Just wondering, but would you like to have some profiles (like in UBB) for your Subteam members?
If so, just tell me what fields there should be, like name/email/rank/etc. smile

The "Rank" field is for the images like here (UBBDev Haxxor + colored "bean"), right?

CTM
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
Ahh, great, thanks Idle, I'm forever in your debt smile

And the profile field idea does sound good... At the moment, I use field 58 for the rank, and I'd like to use custom field 3 ($user_profile[18], if I'm correct) for the UD Name.

Once again, thanks Idle smile

Field 58?

By the way, I just added you to my MSN list ([email protected]). smile

You've got a PM! wink

Sponsored Links
CTM
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
OK, got the PM... I must say, this looks great so far. It could possibly even be released as a hack... wink

CTM
Moderator / Da Masta
Moderator / Da Masta
quote:
Originally posted by Idle:
Field 58?

By the way, I just added you to my MSN list ([email protected]). smile

Yah, I use the "Admin Set Picture" hack... That uses profile field 58.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63