Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Calling .htm, .html, .php, .pl, .cgi documents via SSI using .shtml docs works great. Is there some way to call .php and .shtml documents via SSI from .php docs?

Maybe something needs to be added in .htaccess ? If thats the case i need help.

If you take a look at my site HERE you'll see a voting option on the left side. That is a .php script called via SSI to the mainpage (index.shtml). If you then press the button "Rösta" you will be redirected to the doc poll.php. That is my problem, i would like to get my users to see the poll result but not only the result. I want them to see the whole content of index.shtml including the voting results after they have voted.

The voting script is called "Advanced Poll" and can be found HERE
------------------
Regards
Rickard

This message has been edited by Rickard on January 24, 2001 at 05:29 AM

Regards
Rickard
Sponsored Links
OK, first things First...

You CANNOT include .php files into anything but .php files.

SO, you will need to Rename index.shtml to index.php or index.php3 depending of if youhave PHP4 or PHP3 available to you thru your server.

Seconly, To Resore the stuff that you have included using SHTML you can reinclude them with PHP TAGS like this:
SSI tag:
PHP tag:

SSI tag:
PHP tag:

Now, if you use SSI to do stuff like show the Time, or DIR/File name, that can all be done in PHP also.. (post what you need converted if you need something as there are ALOT of differnet things that can be done..)

OK, now for the POLL Script, what you are asking for is a modification to that script.
Are you looking to replace the VOTE thing with the Result thing on your index page, when the "Results" button/link is clicked?
That CAN be done with some Code Hacking to your Poll script.

If you need that done for you, Also reply to this thread, and we will see what we can do for you.

------------------

Shad-Stat - Shadeaux Tools
BoardMaster.org

Thank you very much for your answer. My dream [Linked Image] is that i can get this poll script to work as i want. If you could help me with that i would be extremly happy.

What i want is that when my users visit My Page (index.shtml) they should be able to see the voting options if they havent voted yet. When they press "Rösta" (thats swedish) they shall see the results of the voting on the exact same page. If they visit my page again after a while they shall only see the result because thay have already voted. I guess that is already included in the script because the is an option to store cookies and IP's.

poll.php is called via SSI from index.shtml now.

Summary: never voted = voting options
voted = results
All on the same page. This was easy with another poll script i used a while ago, but that was PEARL [Linked Image]

I think this is the coolest poll script i've ever seen so i would really make it work.

Click HERE to get the 8KB ZIP with everything included.

When the user click on "Rösta" or "Se resultat" they should reach the same page and that is the mainpage index.shtml
------------------
Regards
Rickard

This message has been edited by Rickard on January 24, 2001 at 04:00 PM

Regards
Rickard
I think ive tried that Poll Script befor and didnt really like it.

Try this one: http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpPolls/phpPolls_1.0.3.zip

It is a Really nice PHP/MySQL Poll Script that is easy to setup and use.

I have it on one of my websites now:
http://www.boardmaster.org

------------------

Shad-Stat - Shadeaux Tools
BoardMaster.org

Dear Shadeaux,
I have successfuly installed Qucik Poll from phpwizard.net but i am facing one problem which is, how to include the poll into my index document just as the way you've included it into your webpage, icluding the results section! Which file of the poll script should i include into the php tag? and why do i have the "explanation" part to the left of the poll?

I would be exremly happy if you could help me using the poll on my page.

Thanks for your time.

Luv from lovely

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63