Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Does anyone know of a app that will let me type in a website url and have it search for certain strings within the page i'm looking at for instance have it look for a particular price of a product and then insert that price along with other stuff from the "product" page into a db. Any help or ideas on this would be greatly apprciated. He'll i'll even pay someone if they can get it working the way I want to.

Sponsored Links

Thanks, though i'm not really great in php or cgi. Is there anyone out there that would be willing to build the app that i need for $ send email to vidomanetss@klipsch.com or indysupra@hotmail.com

What format are you looking for?

~ fro

I really don't care what format its in, But were running ms nt servers soon to move on to 2000, but I was thinking the scraping tool could run on personal web server so that the scraped site won't be able to track the ip its comming from because of the proposed hits that the site could get from it. Like I said any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have two friends who have each developed parsers. One is in PHP and one is in ASP. I do not think they will be giving them away for free, but let me know if you are interested.

I'm definatly interested in either one. I'd prefer the asp one since I know asp but which ever one is better is the one i'd go with. If there is any chance I can get in touch with them tell them to email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Thanks, for the help

Bump any info?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63