Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#105703 12/31/2000 2:21 PM
Okay, here the problem:
When I insert the header and footer in the control panel, everything is cool.
If I go back into the general settings and click on "Submit General Settings Now" I get the following message in the control panel

"Error including the required files:

Be sure you uploaded UltBB.setup, Styles.file, mods.file and forums.cgi in ASCII/Text mode to your CGI directory. [This is a manual setting on your FTP software]

Make sure spelling and case are correct: UltBB.setup not ultbb.setup.

Here is the message returned from UBB:

Can't find string terminator ")" anywhere before EOF at e:webmusicrockerscgi-binubb/UltBB.setup line 16."

And the page where the board is displays this error

"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Undefined subroutine &main::ReadParse called at e:webmusicrockerscgi-binubbUltimate.cgi line 44."

If I manually take the header and footer out of the UltBB.setup, then everything is cool.

I haven't done any hacks, or played with the code, so all the files should be okay. The header also contains rollovers. Could the Javascript and the cgi be conflicting?

Sorry about posting this again. I thought I fixed it, but I didn't. Any help would be appreciated, I'm out of ideas.

The board is at:
http://208.249.127.59/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Template Diva
As a sidenote, I wanted to congratulate you on your site design. It really kickz @zz! I still didn't get any errors when I went to your site, but i'm using Opera and it's not the best at reporting errors.

Now, onto your question. Typically javascript and CGI shouldn't have any problems coexisting with each other. I use javascript rollover menus on my site, and it works fine. Here are some suggestions for narrowing your problem down:

First, try inserting only the header into the control panel. If you get the error then, you know it's in the header. If not, try with just the footer (leaving the header blank). Do that until you find out which one is really causing the error.

Once you figure that out, try replying to this post, and include your exact header or footer (whichever is causing the problem) in a CODE tag maybe, so we can analyze exactly what code seems to be causing the conflicts. Then we might be able to tell you what's up.

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Skorpion thats for the response and the complimant--I spent a lot of endless nights on that [Linked Image] I tried what you said and I got the error with both header and footer [Linked Image]

So here they both are. Again any help is greatly appreciated! Sorry this is so long.

Header:

Footer:

About Us Ad Info Contact Copyright Privacy Notice Community Rules Jobs
© 2000 musicROCKERS.com (sm), All Rights Reserved

That's a ton of code! And I thought my header was pretty big. [Linked Image]

I tell ya, I've gone over your code a ton of times. Ran it through an error checker, too. Nothing. I can't find a single thing wrong with it. I really have no idea what the problem with it is. And I don't know how you'd even be able to find it, either, since the code itself seems flawless. I suppose it just must be something conflicting with the program.

Just thought of something... you say the problem is un UltBB.setup, right? Well, try inserting the code in via the C.P., and then opening up UltBB.setup in a text editor or something. Compare that to your original, and see if there is something getting screwed up when it gets saved.

If that returns nothing, I don't have any idea.

---Skorpion

------------------

strategery.
dignitude.
lockbox.

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
First of all thanks a ton for looking at this for me. I going to try what you suggested.
I don't know if this makes a difference, but I only get the error after I insert the code and then go into General Setting and then click on Submit General Settings. Weird huh?
Again, thanks [Linked Image]

Sponsored Links
damn...sorry, I can't seem to help either. But your design is really, really, really nice. [Linked Image]

I don't see how CGI and Javascript could conflict either...unless the same variables are being used. That would mess something up problem. Just speculation though.

good job on the design. Be sure to submit your site in Modified UBB Showcase the next time a member spotlight rolls around (later this month).

------------------
inepted

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63