Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I am attempting to install the same dropdown menus that are on this site, so I can use them as a header in my UBB. I found them in a post somewhere on this site.

Anyway, I got them to work on the MAIN page, but if I attempt to put the code to load the HM_Loader.js in the header for UBB, outside of the home directory, they do not show up. I have tried to direct the javascript code (posted below) to look for the HM_Loader.js file in the home dir by putting a / in front of it, putting the linux absolute path in front of it, and put the full web address to the file, but for some reason, any page that exists outside of the main website directory will NOT display the menu.

-----------CODE------------

-----------CODE------------

I assume that this is the line of code that calls HM_Arrays.js, which is the file that I edited to make my menus match my site in the first place.

What I have found is that it seems as if the menus ONLY work if the html file you display the menus on is in the SAME directory as all of the .js files. Basically, I don't know how to get it to look for the .js files in a seperate directory.

Is there another location where it specifies the location of the HM_Arrays.js?

I was wondering if, perhaps, you guys here at ubbdev encountered the same problem while installing them yourselves.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance. =)

Sponsored Links
p2k Offline
Make your src="http://www.nameofyoursite/directory/HM_Loader.js"

For my own site, I have all my scripts in a java directory. So any scripts which load a .js file my path is src="http://www.mysite/java/filename.js"

It'll load from anywhere now if you do it this way.

p2k

[ March 12, 2001: Message edited by: p2k ]

I have tried to do what you are saying. However, if you read the 1st post a made, it still will not load if file that calls the .js file is not in the same directory as the .js files themselves. That is why I believe that I must change a path somewhere else in the script because it will not work.

I have put everything possible in the SRC tag, but if there are NO .js files in the same directory as the html file that calls them, it simply will not work.

any ideas?

p2k Offline
No idea. I use a drop down menu system for my site as well, it's even in the header for UBB and I've never had any problems. My .js files remain in the same place and I just point to them with an http:// tag to the source. Never had a problem.

Of course, I'm not using the same pulldown menu system as this place is using. To think, who wants to look like everyone else? ICK! smile

p2k

Well, I found my problem.. I had to specify the SRC location of the array file in the loader.js as well. I think I must have overlooked that part of the script when I first previewed it.

Thanks for the help.

Done.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63