Rate Thread
Kahuna
Kahuna
rob (me) likes flash.
rob has a web site.
rob wants his web site to be in flash.

rob (me) likes infopop message boards.
rob has a web site.
rob wants his web site to have message boards.

unfortunately, there's no great way to do that.

rob get mad.
rob get strong.
rob smash!!!!!

...ahem...

so, yeah. thats the problem. one that, i imagine, has happened to at least a few other people. there's no great way to integrate message boards into your flash web site, without using frames or having the ubb's appear in another window (right?)

im trying to redesign my web site now, and, would love to find a solution, or at least better strategy, for getting aroudn this problem.

what are some of the more creative ways out there that you've seen a happy marriage between flash and infopop ubbs?

Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
...sigh...

Kahuna
Kahuna
not a single poster here has ever seen anythin like this? good or bad? do you have opinions or suggestions or options without actually viewing examples? c'MON, man...

well... no, lol, i haven't...

Sorry man, but I'm not an expert on either flash OR ubb, though I can tell you this:

All the template files that the UBB comes designed with are based on the fact it's outputting into HTML (or php, whatever) and not a flash format. Meaning it doesn't know what the hell flash is. When I tried flash on my sight a few days back we attempted to use the typical means of links in it (i.e. - $UltimateBB as a link to the boards web address), no go, it just went to www.a3on.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ - So unless you can tell it how to write flash code, lol... I dunno man =(

Kahuna
Kahuna
heya jm -- thanks for respondin, at least!! wink

to be honest, im not even lookin for a way to combine flash and the ubb (which is "the usual question").

i was just lookin for examples of sites that use both flash AND a ubb -- and how they did it.

for example, following the links below in my sig, on my site, i use flash AND have a ubb (i just used frames in order to have both).

i was hopin there were other sites out there that used frames or had some other ideas of merging the two (without actually merging the two).

y'see?

Sponsored Links
well in about three days, I'll post up my site to the showcase and we'll see how you like it, I'm currently working on making it nice and purty...

Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
I remember quite awhile ago there was a guy who had a nice board implemented onto a flash site. I believe he just used frames as well. The only other practical way I can think of, would be to make the link to the UBB target a new window so it pops up and doesn't have anything to do with the flash page.

Sorry, Flash and UBB just aren't too friendly with each other and I guess not many people have even tried to go past that. frown

---Jamin

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
well I don't know if it's all that it's cracked up to be, but, my signature is the 'flashed' site I mentioned.

Iframes. make it so your flash links open in an Iframe with an invisible border.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63