Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#107932 02/22/2001 6:08 PM
Hi there,
I'm looking for a way to refresh an IFRAME once changes have been made to the contents of the .dat file the php script uses in the IFRAME.
let me explain first:
I have a marquee on my ubb. The visitors can place a message in there. I have written a PHP script to do this. The submitted data is saved in a file called "marquee.dat"
This file is included in the marquee PHP script which uses the variables defined in the "marquee.dat" to change the marquee.
I only have one problem. The visitors need to refresh the page once they submitted the new contents of the marquee.
So I was wondering if it is possible to refresh the marquee, once the new contents have been submitted.
Then I thought, ok, that would be fine for the person who changed the contents, but what about all other viewers? Their marquee won't refresh at that moment.
So this brings me back to my question.
Is it possible to let the marquee PHP script refresh itself instantly, once the contents of the "marquee.dat" file change?

I hope you can help me out!
Thanks!

[edit]
I know this is possible with Macromedia Flash, I already did that, but I want to know if it is possible with jscript,php,cgi, or whatever
[/edit]

[ February 22, 2001: Message edited by: Rene59 ]

Sponsored Links
#107933 02/24/2001 1:51 AM
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
You should be able to do a refresh on a named frame (or iframe) using a Javascript function... like parent.framename.reload() or something silly like that. My code example is unavailable at the moment, but hopefully this should get you on the right track.

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
#107934 02/24/2001 2:04 AM
quote:
Thank you, I know how to do that, but this does not trigger a refresh in the other users' browser, does it?

#107935 02/24/2001 2:11 AM
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Okay... this code was ripped from a form in a frames page.

Replace framename with the name of the IFRAME (i.e.