Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine it putting together some designs for a client site relaunch, and as I looked at them in different browsers, something odd happened. I was wondering if you could take a look and offer some suggestions to get around the problem.

The demo page in question is:
http://www.phantomranch.org/frameless/7/frameless7_325.htm

Note how the "wooden" logs wrap both the upper left the lower right corners of the page. There is nothing wrong with the upper left graphic, but we've been having some browser discrepancies on the lower right corner graphics.

Namely, it seems like IE 5.5 is not showing this graphic as being flush with the bottom and right sides of the window, when in effect it was designed that way (using Dreamweaver). However, the same page loaded in both Netscape 4 and Netscape 6 does show the graphic sitting flush with the bottom and right sides.

Here are some screen shots:

Could someone take a look at the code and offer a suggestion as to why this isn't sitting correctly in IE 5.5? Is there a way to fix this so that all browsers show these graphics as flush? I'm puzzled myself.

Thanks for your time.

- Steve

Sponsored Links
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
first of all, make this the first line of your document.
Code
code:

then, look at your body tag on line 7. edit it so it looks like what i have here.
Code
code:

now, add to your stylesheet the following code.
Code
code:

if you don't already have an internal stylesheet, add the code directly above to between the following tags.
Code
code:

save, and upload. done.

Master Hacker
Master Hacker
oh yeah, forgot to mention that all your img tags need to have an alt descriptor on them. see, now isn't valid html fun?? smile

Matt,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my HTML issues. I've updated the code as you suggested (minus the ALT tags; I'll get to those later). Page location is at http://www.phantomranch.org/frameless/7/frameless8a.htm

The page now looks great in IE 5.5 (Screen Shots: Top of Page and Bottom of Page ), however...

• In Netscape 4, there is now a white border around the entire page. I can live with this, since NS 4 is an evil browser, but is there anyway of tweaking this? (Screen Shots: Top of Page and Bottom of Page )
  • In Netscape 6.01, there seems to be some horizontal white lines between the wood graphics on the top and bottom of the page. This wood graphic was split up into sections; could this be causing the problem? If so, how could I go about fixing it? (Screen Shots: Top of Page and Bottom of Page ). I also note that the fonts in the center are a little different, but I supposed can't do much about that.
Interestingly enough, if I drop this line...

Code
code:

...the wood shows up find in Netscape 6 (Screen Shots: Top of Page and Bottom of Page .. though the white border still shows around the entire page in NS 4.) I assume removing this tag is bad news down the road, right?

Thanks again. Any additional input you could provide would be most appreciated.

- Steve

[ June 11, 2001 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Tannerman ]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63