Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator / Template Diva
Someone please refrain from swearing and learn correct grammar.

https://www.ubbdev.com/columns/Skorpion/mods.html

---Jamin

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links

quote:
Originally posted by newbieadmin:
The demo link http://www.se7enet.com/site/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi dont work!

Yeah, tell me about it! If I could fix it, I would. I'm stuck in hosting hell right now though (how many times do I have to explain this?!), so it will just have to wait till either my new host fixes their bloody control panel or till hell freezes over, both of which have about equal chances of happening any time soon.

It's demo'd here at UBBDev, if you're looking for just a demo. Allen did some modifications to it, but you'll get the basic idea.

---Jamin

nm got it

[ 12-28-2001 11:24 AM: Message edited by: hackrme ]

Hi, it took me some time to find this post !!

I have just installed this mod into 6.1.03 and I have two questions/problems.

The first is the public_query_forum_pw.pl has broken the password entry, users get "Error: No forum selected" whether they enter the correct PWD or not. I did a search on this and found a thread that advised rebuilding forum stats, tried this and it was still the same.
I have replaced the .pl file for the time being and that has solved the issue, but I would like to use the new one so if anyone can suggest anything please do.

Part two is an installation issue, in the instructions it asks me to modify user_lib.cgi there is only one change to this file so I won't quote it, But I cannot find the section that it asks me to replace. I can get close to it, the first line is practically the same and it looks like it is doing the same job as the one I am supposed to find. if anyone has got updated instructions or any info that might help me fix it I would be very grateful.

Many thanks for any help on the above drivel.....

Paul

Sponsored Links
Most of my time currently is spent working on my upcoming Template² hack, which includes a redesigned version of Compact Headers, and is made for the soon-to-be-released 6.2.0.

This weekend I will try to fix the two problems you're having and post a fix if I get that complete, but I apologize in advance if I get distracted and don't get it done.

---Jamin

At the risk of hitting full tilt, I would like to know if it is even remotely possible to install this hack after having added numerous other hacks. I only discovered this awesome hack after I had run amok and installed about 6-7 other hacks. I really don't care to go back and start from scratch. frown Surely there must be some way I can grudge through this. I would image I would have to pull all the previously hacked files and cross check them with the new templates/hacked files.

I'm wondering if anyone else has attempted to install the CH2 hack after having installed many other hacks.

thanks.

quote:
Most of my time currently is spent working on my upcoming Template² hack, which includes a redesigned version of Compact Headers, and is made for the soon-to-be-released 6.2.0.
Can't wait CH release for 6.2 laugh

quote:
Originally posted by maurice:
quote:
Can't wait CH release for 6.2 laugh
Eh, CH is not going to be released for 6.2... Only Template², which is a far more comprehensive modification that happens to include something like CH. Sorry, but I'm all but dropping the CH/CF series in favor of bigger and better things. smile

---Jamin

??? So are you going to release something like it? If not at one time I saw someone post a list of whet each templete did. If someone could post that it would be great.

Mr. Bill
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It's still posted in here... you might wanna search this forum for it, one of the first threads posted in here.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Kahuna
Kahuna

quote:
Originally posted by MrBill:
??? So are you going to release something like it? If not at one time I saw someone post a list of whet each templete did. If someone could post that it would be great.

"Something like it" will be included as part of Template², but T2 goes WAY farther than just CH. Every public template is modified dramatically, including something like Compact Headers, something like Compact Footers, and everything in between.

There won't be anymore *just* Compact Headers, though, as T2 is it's upgrade and replacement.

---Jamin

quote:
"Something like it" will be included as part of Template², but T2 goes WAY farther than just CH. Every public template is modified dramatically, including something like Compact Headers, something like Compact Footers, and everything in between.

There won't be anymore *just* Compact Headers, though, as T2 is it's upgrade and replacement.

Sounds Awsome smile

Thanks, drkknight, Allen. And thanks Jamin!!!
We are waiting. cool

Mr. Bill
hi everybody ,
i'm new in here smile

i installed Whose online hack first when i installed my board and then i went on to installing compact headers the problem is that the compact headers work and i can't see the online users section now .......
i was wondering what change to make so as to get the whose online seperately ...

thanks for any help ...

cheers

ooops sorry .....

i fixed the problem but got another one how do i get an image background for the cells containing the name of the forum and other options like search faq home profile etc....

thanks

smile

From reading pages 6 and 7 in this topic, I take it that Compact Header's 2 doesn't work with 6.2, right?

~Jon

Nope. Already went down that path. laugh
But Jamin said he was working on his new release and I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Mr. Bill
quote:
Originally posted by vikk:
ooops sorry .....

i fixed the problem but got another one how do i get an image background for the cells containing the name of the forum and other options like search faq home profile etc....

thanks

smile

Quick answer: just add background="address.to/image.gif" to the table cells you want them in.

Better answer: start a new topic in this forum and make sure you tell me what version you have, and I'll try to get it answered.

---Jamin

can't you use something like this so you do not need to add address to image just then name?
background="$vars_config{NonCGIURL}/image.gif"

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63