Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Easy question (I hope):

How do I make the new post icon appear behind the last post text?

[Linked Image]

Thanks in advance for your fast answer. wink

Grtz.,
Michael

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry for bumping, but I really need an answer as quickly as possible... thanks..

Old Hand
Old Hand
You may get a better answer from Skorpion in the Templates Forum. smile Moving you there...

Okay thanks Stilar... wink

Hopefully I can get an answer soon.

Any case I use UBB 6.05, and I'm not planning to upgrade atm.. At least not with the current 40 hacks on my board. smile

So has anybody got any ideas how to get an icon (new post icon) behind the last post?

Thanks in regards,
Michael

Moderator / Template Diva
I'm getting a broken server for that image, so I have no clue what you're trying to get. Can you be a little more descriptive without the image?

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
Sponsored Links
Uhm strange the image should work... oh well...

I'll try to explain in my crappy English... wink

A normal forum layout would be like the following:

Icon - Forum name - Topics - Posts - Last Post

Instead of having the icon (new post icon) on the left side, I want it showing up on the right side, after the last posted message in the Last Post section.

If you still don't understand me, tell me, and I'll try to explain again.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Michael

Ok, I gotcha. That's easy enough. These instructions are from 6.1.0 pb1.4 templates, so if you have something less than that, they might not be exactly verbatim in your templates. But they should be pretty close. smile

public_forum_summary.pl

Find and CUT (or COPY, then DELETE):
quote:
Then find:
quote:
And right after that, PASTE what you just cut/copied from above.

Then find and CUT (or copy/delete):
quote:
(Remove the underscore from nbsp.)

Then find:
quote:
And again, paste what you copied from above.

That is the sequence to do it if you don't have moderators displayed. From your statements, I'm guessing that you don't. If you do display mods, just paste the stuff after the moderator cells, which will be right below where you'd normally paste them.

Hope this helps. (And hope it wasn't too confusing. smile )

---Skorpion

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Skorpion ]

Thanks Skorpion, I'll try that. smile

Couldn't check it sooner, watching the news about America. frown

F****** terrorists!

Regards,
Michael

Though I understanded your instructions, it didn't work it only messed up my table colors and also it messed up my allignments between the forums.

In any case I will send you a PM with a link to the summary-file, and see if you can find the error I made. frown

In any case the link to the summary-file is the unedited one, meaning the one before I tried your instructions.

Thanks again in advance.

Regards,
Michael

F****** terrorists, indeed. frown

I will take a look at the file and PM/email you when I figure it out.

---Skorpion

Sponsored Links
Okay thanks Skorpion,

but no rush needed, I'm still watching TV mostly and still got a few hacks to install, so like I said no rush. smile

Regards,
Michael

Any updates yet Skorpion?

quote:
Um... sorry, but you'll have to upgrade to the latest version. There is no reason at all you should still be on Beta 7.5...

---Skorpion

Skorpion,

Like I said, the forum on the website of Icrontic was the old one. I got 6.05 atm locally but I still need to upload it.

quote:
Also you could see the public_forum_summary.pl was from 6.05 not from the old beta version.

I don't just want to upgrade to 6.1 betas, but oh well. Guess I can't get support anymore for 6.05.

I'm seriously starting to doubt why I ever bought the UBB license in the first place. smirk

I ask a lot of questions and most of the time, I don't get a good answer, or probably I'm just too stupid to understand, or my question is totally ignored.

Probably Infopop wasn't the right bussiness to start of with anyways.

Sorry for these negative thoughts, but it's a free country, so I can state my opinion freely.

I already got somebody who is interested to take over my ubb license in exchange for a different service (not selling it, cause that would illegal, but it nowhere states it's illegal to trade it wink ). But I'm thinking about that still.

In any case I'm going to try out vbulleting or phpbb, and maybe just maybe I can expect some support there.

I'm really happy there were a few persons out there who did try to help me, e.g. Bookie & XperT. Thanks for that.

Oh well, already spended too much time on this topic.

Regards,
Michael

OK, I do apologize for the confusion.

Unfortunately, I have to go by what's on your site. Because I can't see what you're working on from localhost. And according to what I can see, you have beta 7.5. And I'm sorry, but I honestly do not see 40 hacks. From what I can see, you have a completely stock b7.5, even right down to the style sheets. Maybe they're just a ton of little one-liners or something, but I will honestly tell you that I cannot see any differences. And it is this site's policy - not my own, but the site as a whole! - not to support any 6.0 beta versions any longer.

You can get support for 6.05, but I don't see 6.05. I see 6.0 b7.5, which is more than seven months old now. That version is full of so many bugs, security flaws and other various stuff, it's borderline insane to continue using it on a public site. I'm not trying to accuse you of using a warez copy, and I'm not trying to insult you or make you feel bad, or anything like that. I hope you don't take it taht way. I'm just *strongly* urging you to upgrade as soon as possible, because you have a major security risk right now.

Once you upgrade, I will be more than happy to assist you wherever it is possible for me to do so. And of course, if you choose to go with a competing product, that's your choice as well. Personally I think that alone would defeat your "don't want to upgrade because of 40 hacks" theory, and I really don't think it would be the best choice in general. But that is not for discussion in this topic.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

---Skorpion

Now let me explain something...

The lines which you talk about is very easy to explain.

I wanted the same layout as XperT e.g. www.netwerkin.com, he has spaces between them.

Thats why I got so many line commands. I alraedy asked help for that problem, but never got any good help except eXperT's idea... So what did I do, I used his public_forum_summary.pl (which he emailed me) and edited so I had the same layout of course with changes.

And the stuff about the 40 hacks:

• 1. Amy PM hack
    2. Authority hack
    3. Avatar hack
    4. Calendar hack
    5. Cosmetic hack
    6. Gradient hack
    7. IP-icon hack
    8. Latest Thread hack
    9. MegaMod hack (disabled it due to problems with glow hack)
    10. Memberlist hack
    11. Wordlets hack
    12. Newsfader hack
    13. PM Link hack
    14. Rate Topic hack
    15. Smilie hack
    16. Stars hack
    17. Statistic hack
    18. UBBPoll hack
    19. Anchor hack
    20. Glowing Names hack
    21. IP Login hack
    22. Megamod Addon hack
    23. Organise Memberlist hack
    24. Password View Hack
    25. Search After Login hack
    26. Servertime hack
    27. Stars / Custom Status hack
    28. View PM Info hack
    29. Sig Limit hack
    30. Sigline Remover hack
    31. Who is Online hack
    32. Email Reply hack
    33. Nick Ban hack
    34. Mail On Move hack
    35. Preview Post hack
    36. Album hack
    37. Amy PM 2 hack

Okay, I'm sorry I lied, I only have 37 hacks. Not 40. My mistake. But I'm not a liar.

And I did use 6.05 UBB.

So I really don't want to redo those hacks for 6.1 Beta!! The name says it all, it's Beta, and I got a long ugly history concerning Beta's.

Secondly; I don't I need to upgrade, when I got my forum running fine with 6.05, I like this version and I'm sticking with it, especially since the 6.1 Beta is totally different coded. Allen said this himself (I could look it up for you).

I'm certain you can understand my psoition as well, especially since I got problems with the hosting provider where I placed the old forum, the one which you are referring to.

Currently I'm still looking for a new host, and thats also the reason why my forum is only locally used atm. Until I find a better Hosting Company which fullfills my needs.

Regards,
Michael

Michael,
We can't officially take your word for it, so we'll have to assume the worst, not the best. There is no reason to use b7.5. Upgrade, or get hacked from the 175,000 security holes in the beta.

Sorry Michael, that's policy. smile Upgrade and we can help.

Topic Locked.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63