Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#111340 10/31/2001 8:05 PM
Hello. This is my first post here and I hope this is in the right forum. I plan on purchasing UBBv6.1.0.2, and I was wondering if anybody could give me a head on some hacks. Well....

How to design the scroll bar....
Who's Online...
Newhack(I believe it's called this)
Custom Smiles
Custom Buttons
Our Newest Registered Member (is it standard or not?)

and any other ones that I might be missing (probably a few). Please explain these to me (what i have to do, how ect.) and if you have any other cool ideas you think i'm missing then just give me a link for a demo explaining it...

Thanks, if this is too much to ask for in a post, feel free to email me at [email protected].... thanks....

*Edit*
BTW, I'm just learning all of this and I appreciate all the help.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Heracross20 ]

Sponsored Links
#111341 11/03/2001 8:39 PM
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
Sorry, but this isn't really the right forum. This probably belongs in our New Members Forum, so I'll move it there for any future replies.

As far as "how to do it", just follow the instructions for the hack. As long as you know how to copy and paste, you won't have any problems. Simple as that. All hacks are essentially searching for certain parts of the file and either replacing them with something else or appending new code after them, with the occasional additional file you'll have to upload. smile

And it is my personal thing that I never really answer the "What hacks should I add?" question. If I have a *specific* suggestion after seeing their forum in action, that's one thing. But it's not my place to tell you what hacks you're supposed to add. It's your forum, be original. Just take a gander through our Beta and Finished mods forum and see if anything sticks out that you think your forum would be improved by. Just like I don't tell you what foods you can and can't like, I don't tell you what hacks you can and can't like either. That's your job.

And with that, I'm moving this to the newbie forum. smile

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63