Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#111359 11/05/2001 7:39 PM
Ok, I'm really working on my forum's template. I could do it myself, but the thing is that it would take me forever to do. Why? Because I suck at Perl templates. frown So I would like to ask someone if they can make a mod that let's us make our heading look like the one in this forum: http://www.forums.futurelooks.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Oh, and if you can, include EVERYTHING in the header please. And (I hope I'm not asking for too much) make it easy so I can edit the links (the way other mods let you) that allow you to navigate throughout the forum. And please include the PM thing in too.

Now this is the huge part that you don't have to do, but I would GREATLY be thankful if anyone would do this. I would like to be able to call the whole header up onto a normal .shtml page.

Now, that's it (for now wink ). Thanks very much! And I know it's no biggy, but if someone were to do this for me, I'll make you an admin on my board. Thanks again! smile

--LMAO (a.k.a. PokéMaster that is, beacause I own an anime server smile )

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: LMAO ]

Sponsored Links
#111360 11/05/2001 7:40 PM
Oops, don't mind this post (It is not a Bump).

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: LMAO ]

#111361 11/05/2001 7:59 PM
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
First question: That is someone else's custom template design. I don't know whether they want you stealing it or not. You'll have to get permission from them first, then either do it yourself or get the code from them, cuz most likely no one else will do it for you. Those are Splitfyre's forums, and I know Bookie helped on them too. So you'll have to talk it out with them.

Second question: I've already created a headers/footers shtml hack for 6.0x. It's in the 6.0x Mods Beta forum, under "Headers & Footers Via SSI". If you have 6.1, the hack will work (I've tried it), but it will require some modification since the structure of ultimatebb.cgi changed quite a bit.

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63