Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Could someone please point me to any resources that deal with login/password integration between UBB and general web site security?
I would like to implement a "single-login" point where users of my web site can enter their login/password once (per browser session), and have that info automatically passed on to UBB when they enter the forums.

Any help on this topic would be much appreciated!

Mike

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I am interested in this as well, Mike... and will prolly be my next project... we'll see. If someone else wants to give us a "jump start" we'd appreciate it...

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
This is EXACTLY what I need also.. so please Allen... if you have some spare-time.. develop this.. =)

I also need to know how to remove "register" and "profile" links... how do I do that?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
it's exactly what I need as well...[Linked Image]

leaving for a week this evening... will be back and try to get some work done on it then...

------------------
Allen

- http://www.stand318.com

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Hey, I need the EXACT same thing too. Did anyone find a solution yet?

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Template Diva
Moderator / Template Diva
So many login-related topics I think I'm going blind....... wink

I don't need one, I just wanted to comment on all these login questions. laugh

---Skorpion

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
me three! I could really use a login integration thingy... one hasn't been developed at all?

Inaugrial Post!!!

Has anything be developed along the lines of a single login point for a site? Hopefully there has been and i'm just not looking in the right place.

Member / Blamoholic
Member / Blamoholic
This would definetly come in handy for me too, if u need any help with it Allen i could help you out with some templates or whatever (im good at html but... not the best at perl)

Yeah, I'd really like this too.

Personally, I think someone needs to look into how UBB log's in a person. What cookie it creates and such.

Once someone understands the cookie, you can use that in your site.

So, someone logs on and enters their username and password, your script then creates the cookie that your UBB looks for.

Or you can do it the otherway round, getting them to log into your ubb and then your website picks up on it.

My option would be the first.

Anyone out there smart enough to do it?

Sponsored Links
We also need this functionality. Our customer's website requires a login, and we'd like to have that login set the cookie so that they would not also need to login to UBB.

It seems for UBB staff or Perl hacker this should not be too hard:

[code][/code]

We have already added an ASP hack that adds the user and login to the UBB member list.

Thanks,
Kim
[email protected]
http://www.prestwood.com

Developer
Developer
Cookies must be generated before the actual HTML content is sent and therein lies the problem. If you're calling a login function, UBB must be the one generating the header. And that's a pain unless you have some programming experience yourself and know how to handle this situation.

qasic

When a user transfers from our client's site to the site's UBB for the first time they must re-enter their login and password.

Our client's site already knows these values, so it is no problem generating the cookie before a user hyper-links to UBB.

If UBB had a create_login_cookie.cgi without a UI that our site could execute before entering UBB, I think that would solve our problem.

A less desireable alternative is if the cookie(s) were well-documented we could generate them directly. But I don't know what the magic numbers are. I can barely read Perl...

Cookie [email protected][2].txt was created. If I modify it, UBB doesn't auto-login:

login2452066.1358
08-15-2001%2009%3A17%20AM&2452137.0917
64.78.40.11/
ubber2452066.1358
kimubb6&kimubb6&kimubb6&45&00000010
64.78.40.11/

I know this topic is old but while looking for a way to accomplish this I searched here and saw no one had answered it. I figured out how to do it (it wasn't that hard). The code below is PHP and javascript, but it would be quite easy to change it to ASP and vbscript, the logic is the same.

I've tested it a bit and it seems to work fine, although I have yet to implement it. Hope this is helpful to someone. I'll leave it up for a week so people can download it.

link to zip file

directions? anything with this? Can ya help a brother out? lol

one thing you'll need to do is change the name of the file in the form action event from check_cookie to ubb_cookie (i forgot to change it).

Other than that the comments in the file show you the only other thing you need to change (the path to your cgi-bin in the first global var). You will need to be running PHP on your web server in order for this to work.

To integrate it with another page you only need to include it, possibly like this
[code][/code](take the _ out of the script tags to use, I had to put them there so UBB would let me post the code)

You would need to change the page in the form action to the page you include it on. The next version I write will eliminate having to do that.

I haven't tested this integrated in another page, but it should work.

Hope that helped. If you're not a coder there are several web resources that will help you with what I just said.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63