Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#114668 04/08/2002 12:47 PM
OK, I hope I can explain this so that you at least know what I'm trying to do. Some screenshots first.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

OK, as you can see in those images, Today's active topics is on a line by itself, then below it is the login/out, registered members line, down to the calendar, then the recent visitor line.

Well What I'd like to do is intergrate all of those lines.

Firstly, I'd like the "todays active topics" link in the same box as the calendar link. That has really been bugging me for some time now.

Next on my list of wants is to move the entire recent visitor box on top of all the other boxes (and have it as close as possible. I'd like it in the same white box if possible, but if there is a line seperating it I could deal. I'd rather not have any backround showing through.

Idealy it would look like this . (didn't want to screw up the formating of the boards with a big wide image)

If you want to just look at the boards they are at http://www.theemeraldorder.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Thanks for any help that you can give...I'm stumped.

Shin

Sponsored Links
#114669 04/09/2002 1:47 PM
can anyone help with this? please? I'll beg wink

#114670 04/09/2002 3:46 PM
Moderator / Template Diva
Can be done but it will take a little time. I'll try to see what I can come up with and let you know if anything works. smile

---Jamin

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
#114671 04/09/2002 4:08 PM
K, here's something that ought to be what you want. I couldn't get the pntf and the rest of it in the same table without deeper editing that would prolly screw things up in other forum views, but they're close. Also, I don't have your hacks, so you'll have to put the calendar/pmbox code in there yourself. Pretty self-explanitory.

Here is the text file - just open public_forum_summary.pl template and replace everything from
my $PageTop = qq~
to
} ## END PAGE TOP

Hope this helps. smile

---Jamin

Don't put that signature in your mouth! You don't know where it's been!
#114672 04/09/2002 11:31 PM
I haven't tried this yet but I have downloaded the code. Thanks smile I'll try it first thing in the morning. (or noon depending on what time I wake up)

My main concern is that whenever I've tried to move the calendar anyplace other than it's line, I guess....the $calendar call also puts in a table that is set at a width of 90%. So it ends up being a white box inside of another white box.

But again, I'll give it a shot in the morning. Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63