Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I do not want to hack the ubb code itself. I would rather write stand alone cgi programs which pick up the username from the cookie set by ubb. I am having no problem reading the main envirnornmental cookie but I am having trouble splitting it up.

The problem seems to be in the pairs. The session number and other information changes each time, so breaking it up is boggling the hell out of me.

Does anyone know of a stand alone perl file that reads the envirnornmental cookie and breaks it into its many values? If so please help. With that information, a world of integration could be had with stand alone programs while not voiding the support clause.

Example: Chat integration - a stand alone program could read the username and then print the html with the username as nick for java irc.

Calendar programs, personals programs, the list is endless.

Sponsored Links
Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
ooops

When a member logs into ubb, the board sets a cookie. Other programs at that same domain can read that cookie. However, reading the cookie alone isn't worth a damn unless you can determine what each value is. If your program can not tell the difference between the username and the password, it cant do anything with the information.

So how does one pull, lets say the username from the cookie?

AJ: someone hacked XperT's acount and forum. i noticed all his post have been edited with ooops within the past 5 minutes, his sig as also been changed again, at one point it read "i am...a idiot". i asure you the real XperT knows perfectly well what your talking about.

Spotlight Winner
Spotlight Winner
Yep, I just got the account back. I hadn't changed the password in a long time. Apparently it has something to do with one of LK's hacks. I believe it's the IM hack...not sure though.

Sponsored Links
xpert: vor's acount has been online aswell.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849