Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#115000 01/10/2003 12:44 PM
Kahuna
Kahuna
in sites like netwerkin and... well... even mine , the designers (not entirely me in my case!) have added graphic images surrouning all of the tables.

a header graphic, a footer graphic -- even graphics that go down the left and right of the content. the graphics surround every table on the page.

so, um... howzat happen?

i know (think) it has something to do with editting the "route" TBB stuff... or something...

Sponsored Links
Member / Blamoholic
Member / Blamoholic
quote:
Originally posted by drkknght:

so, um... howzat happen?
It depends who is making it... to get the borders around the tables in my template set it consists of two new tables, and a modification of the borders table. The first new table is what appears to be the top of the entire table, and the second new table is (surprise!) the bottom. The sides are made by adding an extra table column before, and after the content table. In those columns you can slap on some background images or just use regular images.

In Netwerkin, I think he has created a new table for the outside part of his table, and just placed the content table inside. I'm not too sure on that one though, you'd have to ask him. laugh

#115002 01/13/2003 11:35 AM
Kahuna
Kahuna
heya book -- thanks for the response smile

now, without you having to get into all the gory details...

is this something that you set in one place? like do you just edit the code in one file, and have all other files refer to that one spot, so that the boards know "when i make a table, make it look like this one"?

ideally, at least for me, this would be best. then, i simply create one table style with a sample table, pop in the graphics and such i so desire, and just have every other table refer to this design.

creating the footer table on my site was easy in that sense, in that i just told it to refer to the regular table design, and it did so wherever it appeared.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849