Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Was curious how you worked your logo in above everything else and your nav bar at the top as well. I couldn't think of an easy way to do it, care to share smile

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
Its simply added to the header of each template file smile

you just need to add the html code in your UBB.classic control panel and thats it. Here the menu uses javascript.

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
As far as the tight layout, logo on top check out the Compact Headers Mod. Cool stuff:

Click Here

As far as what Charles is referring to you can do a search for "Javascript Menus" and/or "Cascading Menus" (or even roll over image menus) on the web and you'll get some cool stuff you can use...All for free. Just read the description making sure that it's compatible across browsers. Check out:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com

They have cool scripts there. smile

First off thanks for the quick responce, glad to see some of the old ubb haxxors around it's been awhile. Second, my entire site is in css check it out . What I'm trying to do is incorporate the header I have on the top of the page but when I use the control panel to add it in it puts above the forum listing. I'm assuming compact headers would make it so that I can place it above it all. Sorry for the lack of knowledge, just been out of the community over 2 years frown

Hey...I like the voice e-mail feature. smile

You're correct. The Compact Header will place your banner at the top and will place the MainButtonsLine (and I believe show_logout) directly under.

While you can insert your Table codes directly into CP I suggest if you were to do that then do so in public_common.pl by looking at the first instance of:

Code
[/code]You can directly insert your Table Header code there.  You'll also notice this code:

[code]
Which is for the CP. If you do one method, don't do the other. I suggest backing up all of the files that you're going to modify just in case the codes are not for you. smile

Sponsored Links
It's been so long since I've messed with ubb, thank you for your assistance at helping me jumpstart my coding again smile

And your right that voice monkey thing is pretty neat, right now hes offering for free @ http://wiredvideo.com/voicemonkey .

Cool...Thanks for the link. smile I hope things go well over at your end. smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I tried myself to make my banner look like UBBDEV banner but couldnt. I love it, neat and simple! I got the link part done in CSS but not the bottom one. The bottom one it's HTML, which obviously loads up slower than CSS, and I just attached it to the CSS.

VIEW
Think that somebody would give me that code?

Thanks,

Felix

Since you're using 6.3.1.1 you can go into "public_common.pl" and strip out the Table codes in both:

Code
[/code]and

[code]
That should work. smile

The advantage of the Compact Headers is that it will accomplish what you want to do in one scoop. smile

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Prime, that only takes the links line out, I was asking for the code of the UBB banner,

[Linked Image]

is it Java? I've done the link section but couldnt get the rest (bottom part) of the banner.

thank you

Heh...Sorry, but I'm not following. tipsy

Are you referring to the banner itself or the forum links below the banner?

I checked your board several times so I'll have an idea what you're saying. smile

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I am refering to the banner itself. It has nothing to do with the link line.

I appologise if I cant explain any better, but if you look on my board you will see the page banner is made in 2 parts , top in CSS, bottom in HTML and they are attached toghether, but the bottom part ( a HTML with a .GIF) is loading much slower.

The UBB banner is made in one piece How is the bottom ( UBB DEVELOPERS NETWORK) made?

Ahh...Try this Felix. Take your mouse to the bottom corner of any website and then click and drag going upwards diagnally to the top left corner. You'll notice that some sections are darkened while others remain the same.

With UBB you'll see the left and right of the banner there will be 2 darkened images. Those are 2 separate images (one aligned left while other aligned right). The middle part is just a background color to tranisition the images as if it were in one piece. People do this to compensate for different browser resolutions and screen size.

So in a nutshell UBB's banner is comprised of a left image and right image. smile

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Our "banner" is basically a table that we have inserted into the template html.

Basically, there are a number of table rows, each with a different background color and a fixed height (using a blank.gif).

Think of it this way:

Row 1: Highlight Color
Row 2: Color Band
Row 3: Shadow Color
Row 4: Menu Row
Row 5: Highlight Color
Row 6: Color Band
Row 7: Shadow Color
Row 8: Banner Row, with left and right images
Row 9: Highlight Color
Row 10: Color Band
Row 11: Shadow Color

The easy way to get your Banner row to adjust for different screen resolutions is to insert a table in that row, have fixed widths for your left and right images, and then have the center cell stretch to accomodate the screen width (use a matching background)

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I understand now, very well explained. But this is what I can't do though.. frown

can you give me the codes for this table? and how did you insert the 2 pictures in the table?

Thank you
Felix

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63