Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
1. I would like to edit the main page so it wouldn't show the last topics posted in the forums. It would make my frontpage to look more simple. So it would only show the time of the last post. Is it possible?

2. I would like to add more smilies to the panel that already is here where I write these messages. Like the the hack that was available in previous versions. Is it possible? Where should I add them?

3. I would like to make this text field where I'm writing bigger. Where should I edit that?

4. Final question: In earlier versions I could update the icons in the main page that show if there is any new posts by clicking the Ubb logo or refresh. Now it doesn't work anymore and I have to login again to update them. Is this possible to fix?

Thanks for your help! laugh

Sponsored Links
quote:
Shouldnt be too hard, its probably in one of the template files, dont know exactly which one its in but I'm sure someone probably knows

quote:
if you're talking about instant graemlins use this https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000165
if you mean the post icons above the text field just add them to your icons dir naming them iconXX.gif with the xx starting from the last number in the current ones you have, just keep adding, if theyre size is odd it will probably mess up the formating of it so put the bigger icons last

quote:
probably public_edit_post.pl , public_new_topic_form.pl and, public_new_reply_forum.pl I think, not 100% but if I remember right its probably in there

quote:
not sure, would be nice to see someone do it though

Thanks for help. Does anyone now any solution to my previous question no.4?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63