Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#118360 04/30/2001 8:43 AM
Joe
Okay am using 6.04c and have looked over mods available. But there's a few things I'd like to fix and/or change not covered per se.

1) Changed the edit message to a small font size. I temporarily hacked mine to do such and while it worked. Upon editing the message again the font size html tags showed and would have to be manually removed. (So changed that back for now). I know there's an Ultimate Edit hack or. But I just want to reduce the size of it and have it not show font tag or such upon re-editing. Possible and how if so?

2) A basic status hack. This has been mentioned elsewhere I've seen here. I know Qasic and Templar have status hacks. But can someone give a run down on how to just add extra statuses (stati - ?)... i.e. extra status based on # of posts, (either hardcoded or update via control panel would be fine).. and shows such on a member's profile. No stars, no custom status, no time spent adding all the extra code for those or having to worry about such, conflict and/or possible bugs. Was one available I recall or think for the 5 series. But now it's all this extra stuff some of us may not want to hassle with. I'm presuming this could easily be done right? So how?

3) What's the deal with the homepage field. It has the default text of http:// yet if they don't enter a URL they still get a homepage icon on their posts. Go figure. On the 5 series the homepage hack screened out those just with the http:// ... so any way to mod things so if they leave the http:// a member doesn't get a useless homepage icon on their posts?

4) And can I get a quick pointer to where to edit the signature on posts so it isn't automatically checked. Yeah I know I'm lazy huh? LOL

[ April 30, 2001 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Joe ]

Sponsored Links
#118361 05/01/2001 10:58 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
1 - just check to see what files the ultimate edit changes and look for the font size stuff there.

2 - qasic's status mod has an auto-installer included, can't get much easier than that. smile

3 - has been reported as a bug, not quite fixed yet apparently...

4 - https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=search

smile

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
#118362 05/03/2001 9:15 AM
Joe
Allen, thanks but...

1) Tried that in fact but didn't help fully thus the question. Of course perhaps I was out of it at the time I tried.

2) Answer ignores the question. tipsy It's the point that some of these hacks, as we all know, can have some conflicts from version to version thus making upgrading more of a pain. Plus the factor of why bother with bloating the scripts if you just want the basic add status.. of course I realize the amount of extra coding is minimal, but given the slow down on 6 over 5 best to stay slim and trim.

3) Ah... see they just released 6.04d and no indication of fixing this. Oh well that's InfoSlop.. just kidding. Don't hang me.

4) Yeah admittedly I didn't go a search here. But having just done a pretty good one I can say that it didn't help really. Closest thing was a hack that supposedly doesn't work on 6.04+ and not around anymore I guess. Figure it might just be a simply deletion of "checked" or such in the posting templates, but the fact that it's either checked or unchecked when you edit based on previous choice might suggest it's not that simple.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849