Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 88
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 88
I've never deleted a forum before, and now I have, creating a new Forum does not fill in the old number. This may sound picky, but I'd prefer new forums to go into the place of the old ones that I have deleted (if I'd known this would happen I'd just do it via FTP). Is this something to do with the hacks I've installed? How do I put that number back into the list in the CP?

Sponsored Links
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 5,073
To prevent confusion, forum numbers are **NEVER** reused. This is the designed behavior.


UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 88
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 88
Oh well... In my opinion that's a little... crap. I'm quite cappable of coutning to 10 so I don't see the confusion factor. If you mean people linking to a forum that USED to exist, it's better they link to a new one than a 404. Perhaps the feature should at least be user definable.

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 204
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 204
Say ubbdev deleted this forum right here. If it moved up, I would go to V6 Mods Beta instead of this forum if I had it bookmarked, and everything else would follow up behind it.

I would probably wonder what was going on, and then ask all kinds of inane questions.

Confusion enough? laugh


-Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People In Large Groups.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 88
Member
Member
Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 88
That's not what I'm trying to say. I don't want the forum numbers of everything else to back up into alignment, I want any NEW forums I create, to fill the gaps where the old ones used to be before adding new numbers onto the end.

[ May 15, 2001 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Avacar ]

Sponsored Links
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 825
Member / CodeFixer
Member / CodeFixer
Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 825
I'll assume that this has something to do with the way that ubb is designed not people not knowing how to count. Just like in the v5 series it was highly recommended that you don't delete fourms.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Posts: 449
Joined: February 2008
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4570
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 27
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)