Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
These ubbdev forums are perhaps 10 times as slow as the InfoPop Member's forums, is there some setting I don't know about?

I don't see that much difference between this and other UBB forums so I can't see why it's so much slower.

It's such a great site, I'd love to find a way to speed my way around it a bit more.

Thanks,

Kerry

Sponsored Links
Well .. your connection could have soemthing to do with it, if u noticed alot of people have sig images.. but it loads really fast for me and I am on AOL 56K Modem
also there always seems to be alot of people on the board at the same time so it kinda slows things down

[ May 31, 2001 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]

IVE been the only person here a few times and this place still loads slow as hell

i have a 56k AOL and an average uplaod and downlaod of 3-5k and my UBB loads much muhc much fast than this place even when im the only one here and they have alot of sig images

and my UBB is IMAGE RICH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than this place

GSX UBB image rich UBB and fast loading

**EDIT***
well i shouldnt say my UBB laods fast at first because i hardly ever clean up my browser cache so all the iamges are allready downlaoded and dont need to do it again

but i guess for someone who has never ben there before the site woud load slower than a tortuise stuck in mallassis

nut ill leave this link so you may see fer yourself

[ June 01, 2001 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Murassmeblade ]

[insert irony here]
Thanks for confirming that it's not just me.

Tech-Ni-Kal 's suggestion that it might be my connection, but that doesn't jive with my consistenetily fast surfing around InfoPop's UBB as a member and my own UBB forums, so, it still appears to me that it's something about the UBBDEV board

BTW: Murassmeblade, how do you know how many others are logged in at one time here?

I tried your site but it was as slow loading as this one. Identical. Also, when I clicked on Announcements it hung up and nothing would work. Nice colors. on the Message Center page.

Try ours in comparison The Big Island Forum . For me our UBB6.04e loads very fast, using either our PC's IE5.1 or our Mac's IE5.0.

Anyone have any suggestions about how I can speed up this UBBDEV site?

Thanks,
Kerry

I'm sitting on a phat pipe, couple OC192's over here.. loads faster than I can blink my eyes.

Sponsored Links
i was going by what the whos online was telling here thats how i knew how maby people were logged in

and yea it could be slightly incorrect at times but it will be close

anyway i never realized but since i never clean my IE cache to me my UBB loads as fast as yours does but yours completes the images about 1-2 seconds faster
and realy there isnt to much to your UBB i mean image wise

i wonder why onon of my members ever said anything about it being sloow

[insert irony here]
Keep in mind that the connection to the server you're connecting to might be clogged or congested. Your end may be perfectly fine, but the host's end might have it's hand up it's butt a few times through (bad comparison, I know, but you understand).

-Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People In Large Groups.
whos Kerry's or mine?

[insert irony here]
anyone's.. lol

it even happens on mine sometimes and I'm on cable. It takes 1 or 2 minutes to load a page sometimes. Albeit not often, but it does happen to people with high speed connections too.

[ June 01, 2001 04:18 PM: Message edited by: The Donut ]

-Never Underestimate The Power Of Stupid People In Large Groups.
sorry lol i was refering to Djnemesis's post

[insert irony here]
Sponsored Links
Master Hacker
Master Hacker
i'm on a 56k modem connection from home, and i get pretty good speed from ubbdev. i can assure you that we're served from one of the top hosting locations in the country.

I am on dial-up and i have to say ubbdev.com is the slowest ubb/vb board i have ever browsed:(
In my case using i.e5.5 the top section with the meny/images is what takes so loong to looooad.
When comparing the time it takes me to get the meny loaded i could have loaded 1 big wallpaper in the same time.

also if you think about it it could be ur connection because if you use AOl .. many people are logged on to one server and the more people the less amount of k download and upload each user gets...

Kahuna
Kahuna
Im on 56K connecting at 44000 bps and UBBDev is pretty fast for me...

.::First place winner in the June 2001 Member Spotlight ::.
.::Zelda Xtreme::.
well I have AOL and it all loads really fast i mean aol is usually really slow but I use IE to explore ubbdev

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63