Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
My ubb for some reason is DE-Admining me and 3 other of my admins randomly one admin seems to be shielded from this and i sdont know why

the only thing it changes on us that it effects is in our member cgi file where it would say Administrator it says Moderator

thats all it changes i cant fix this by making it say Administrator again but it keeps happening

this just started out of the blue about a week after i ahd stopped installing hacks and stuff so i dont understand whats happening

could someone PLEASE help me track this down so I can fix it

MY greatest apreaciation to anyone who can help me

Thank you in advance

Scott

[insert irony here]
Sponsored Links
I am going with Allen

[ June 06, 2001 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Tech-Ni-Kal ]

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
quote:
that's prolly your answer right there... he's most likely doing it. 6.1 automatically logs admin activity by default. I don't remember if 6.0x has admin logging of any type.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Developer
Developer
Yeah, 6.0x has no admin logging functionality.

The best thing for now is to kill all admins via FTP and then have only you as an admin for now.

qasic

Listen this is a glitch i know for sure as the admin that is sheilded from this is my very own brother that lives in my house so i KNOW that he isnt the one doing this

and now that being said how can i find the bug and fix it

[insert irony here]
Sponsored Links
I had something like this happen to me (I am the only Admin) when I installed the MegMod hack in 5.4x.
You may want to look into the hacks you have installed. If you haven't installed any then have you tried upgrading or reloading the files for the latest version.

Ok heres the thing i have 6.04e

and this started happening about 5 days after the lastt hack i installed or even file i edited or anything

and i know its not the one admin that is for some reason sheilded from this because as i said up there before the admin that is sheilded is my brother and i know he isnt doing it

he is member number 4

i am #1 another one is #5 #6 and #68 all of us get de admined randomly or at least something is triggering this that i cant figure out

also its not truely de adminning us its only changing the one line of our member files

here ill show you
im going to change any vital info of this but you will see what i mean

this is what it SHOULD look like

**login name here**
[email protected]
http://www.gamingsocietyx.com
AdminWrite&
Webmaster
Saint Francis, Minnesota
Administrator<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<F*** you im not telling you
05-21-2001
yes

ICQ Blows
yes
Murassmeblade
gold
blue

Admin of UBB setup
http://www.gamingsocietyx.com/ubb-non-cgi/ubb/avatars/Squall-7.gif
***name****
****name****|^|00000001|^|06-06-2001

yes
this is what it gets changed to

**login name here**
[email protected]
http://www.gamingsocietyx.com
AdminWrite&
Webmaster
Saint Francis, Minnesota
Mdoerator<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<F*** you im not telling you
05-21-2001
yes

ICQ Blows
yes
Murassmeblade
gold
blue

Admin of UBB setup
http://www.gamingsocietyx.com/ubb-non-cgi/ubb/avatars/Squall-7.gif
***name****
****name****|^|00000001|^|06-06-2001

yes
NOTE that the "AdminWrite&" part stays the same
and also when we get de-admined if i go to the cp and try to readmin us it says that we are allready admins even if i update each of our member profiles it still wont give us back admin status
i have to change the "Moderator" line back to "Administrator" to fix it in the files themselves

[ June 07, 2001 03:57 AM: Message edited by: Murassmeblade ]

[insert irony here]
I'd have to be one to say it has to be some hack that you installed improperly causing this problem. Do you create backups on all the changed files before applying an update, if so just restore those files that were changed. It is definitely what I would do.

That is the only suggestion I have for you, either that or reinstall all your cgi and pl files , making sure you save the important variable ones of course.

uuugggggggggghhhhhhhhh

::sigh::

ok all i want to know is what hacks are out that if installed incorrectly have to capability to mistakenly effect that exact feild of the admin member cgi files

thats all i need to know in order to fix this i dont know the majaority of the UBB system just what i ahve hacked but i still dont know what does what just by looking at it

and dammit i had said that this DID NOT HAPPEN untill about 5 DAYS after i had hacked anything my UBB is very active and youd think if i did something wrong with a hack it would have imedialetly show it self but no it happend 5 days later

i dont know anymore this is such a mess i guess ill just have to live with it because even when i tried to take out the last hack i had isntalled it still hapends

anyways thanks for the ......uh..... help you guys gave

[insert irony here]
I had this happen to me yesterday after installing UBB 6.04e. I had a hack that was out of whack I guess. Redid a few hacks and ftp'd myself back to admin from backup. I will wait and see if it happens again to cry wolf. Bugs can be quite tricky and one never knows if its their fault or the software wink

Sponsored Links
Uhh whathacks do you have installed?

Murassmeblade,

Based on your description details above, it's clear that some hostile code is overwriting feilds in your Administrator membership files. To fix this, you'll have to remove that code.

The place to start is locating EVERY write access to the membership files. You can do that fairly easily with a grep at the command line in your Members directory.

If you don't know PERL, I'll be happy to take a look at it for you, or step you through a debuggin procedure. Just let me know.

[email protected]

Regards,

Sly

Upload:
ALL .cgi files you hacked when this happened.
ALL .pl files you hacked when this happened.

Deadmin your brother for a day and see if it happens.

ok im working with slikin hope he can help

and i did de-admin eveyone but me and it still happend

i checked my ftp acces log and no one but me and the pepople i gave acces to have been in there at the times it happend

i also took away all acces to my ftp from the others that had it and still it happen even after that so it wasnt done by another admin or by someone getting into the ftp

and no hacking attempts were logged for ym ftp

so othe than that i have no way to know if some one is hacking my UBB from the UBB itself or however that is possible and i know say that i know it is a glitch of somesort

***EDIT***

here is a list of all the hacks i have installed

not in order of when i installed them jsut a list

8 moderators

admins can create new users in CP

Cosmetic links

forum hit counter

name glow in posts

Megamoderators-with status stars upgrade

html in sigs with CP on/off "is not active"

Hyper cells with CP

last user to post in a topic in the forum page

memberlist basic 6.3.7

smilie mod

statisics _0-95

stars/status hack--with megamod upgrade

super afiliates bar

total posts and topics

total users online

UBB code buttons 6.7 with a mod b me to remove upload image option
and some fixes to correct the edit bug so that when you edit it doesnt show the html but the ubb tags

whos online

Anchor hack

thats it all these are the mort updated versions i could find and this UBB has only been up for 18 days and i have downloaded the hacks since then so they are basicly the most up to date i have in the past 18 days gotten and use any updates and upgrades of all these hacks that are available as of now

[ June 08, 2001 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Murassmeblade ]

[insert irony here]
Murassmeblade,

See my email to you. It appears to be a logic bug in one of the hacks you added ... MegaMonitor hack would be my guess.

Not sure where you report bugs for HACKS, but it's definitely a bug -- doesn't look like a malicious thing.

Lemme know if you need more clarification on the fix.

Sly

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63