Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I just upgraded from 5.46 to 6.04f. Everything went smooth as glass. I followed the instructions to the letter and almost everything seems to be fine except for one thing....

When people normaly post topics it says under the "Topic Posted By" colum Andrax or Dwarf etc. Now (after the upgrade) under some of those "Topic Started By" colums it lists a huge url. I didnt spend a whole lot of time checking it out because it also screwed up all of my internal links. It seems to be anyone that has a hardcoded avatar image has this going on and it REALLY screws up the UBB frames.

At the moment the board is closed while i try to figure it out and get the links fixed, but if you have no idea what I am talking about or want to see what I mean please let me know and I will turn it back on.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Ok, news update...

I see what is happenening, but i dont know how to fix it.

I had an avatar hack from 5.46 and now after the upgrade, anyone that had selected an avatar, now has the url to that avatar image as their Publicly Displayed Name (in UBB 6.04f) I can see this in the member profile if I look at the individuals with avatars, but I can not edit it and change it back to their actual name. Can anyone point me towards a hack that will allow me to do so or tell me how i can make this edit (for almost all my users) with UBB control pannel?

Thanks

Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
try Rebuild Member Stat Files from the Maintenance tab of the cp. not sure if this will work for your problem but maybe...if not you could just get a script that would run through each member file and take out the publicly displayed name...

I did rebuild the member files after I upgraded the board.

I will do so again however. Any ideas where I might find a script to remove the Publicly Displayed names? Or how to edit them?

Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
gimme an hour ill write one...contact me at 64516940 if you have icq

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63