Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hello...
Great site guys.....its places like this that make the world keep spinning! I have a quick question in regards to labels showing up. Ill give a few examples:
1. when loggin onto my bulletin, the text "logon as invicible" doesnt show, but the radial dots do.
2. my site displays the names of the poeple who are online my site, but it does not display the text 'users currently online', or something to that effect. (also, there is usually a number, like 1 or 2 next to my name and i turned off summary in control panel)
3. for my statistics display at the bottom of my page, i have all the values showing up, but once again, no text displays( no text for 'monthly hits, etc).
Can someone explain what is going on? what i am doing? And if i need to add something to some code, can you specify which file exactly? i have been using the multihack program(which is wonderful thank you!!).

just wanted to add that i am kinda newbie'ish, so dont get too techinical on me just yet!! hopefully ill be in full swing within the end of the month!

i sorry i didnt include this, here is my address: Website!

[ July 03, 2001 06:32 AM: Message edited by: The_baptizer ]

Sponsored Links
it seems to me that u do not have the wordlets installed in the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi
if you do not have it d/l the kit from here...hold i will be right back with the address

EDIT: OK im back here is the site
http://www.nfscheats.com/users/DPK/scripts/download

[ July 03, 2001 08:22 AM: Message edited by: SK8285 ]

Thanks for the reply! this has been very frustrating, guess that is how it is for newbies...
i checked my vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file, and this is what i have BEFORE i perform any hacks:
Code
code:
Is this correct? i just wanna try to do this a step at a time, verifying things frown frown frown

(i have the link to the mods kit!!! thanks for lookin for it for me!....still not sure how it works though...hehe.. not sure what to put into the , spaces)

Also, hate to ask another silly question, but i am currently at work...is there a way to view the code of my vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file with my browser? i do not have access to my ftp from here frown frown frown

[ July 03, 2001 08:37 AM: Message edited by: The_baptizer ]

yes that looks correct but w/o any hack wordlets on it.

when u install the hacks they come with install files in those install files they have wordlets u have to add to the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file....if dont get it so far..tell me what hacks you have and i can try to give you what to paste in the wordlets file

you can veiw the that wordlet file in your control panel go to:

Wordlets => Modification Wordlets

The only hacks i have attempted to add are:
Who's online hack
and Statistics hack...
let me view my vars_worlets_mod file and copy the code for you!

I AM BACK...OH GREAT!!! What is going on?? frown frown i dont have the wordlet mod listed under wordlets!!!
*pulls hair out of his head* hehheehh

[ July 03, 2001 09:06 AM: Message edited by: The_baptizer ]

Sponsored Links
ok cool let me get the wordlets for u too

first get the mods_wordlets_mods.cgi file from the above url if you dont have it...and like u said if you dont see it in ur control panel that means u didnt install it...install the file with the instructions given when u d/l the kit and now open vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file and replace everything with this

Code
code:

[ July 03, 2001 09:16 AM: Message edited by: SK8285 ]

Thanks, i owe you big time mate. You know, you mentioned how the modification worlet should be listed in the wordlet panel, but i took a peak at my manual, and these are the only ones it lists:
Control Panel Wordlet™ Text – These are the text fields for the administrator control panel.
Date Wordlet™ Text – These are the text fields for the displayed dates of UBB™.
Error Message Wordlet™ Text – These are the text fields for error messages.
Image Wordlet™ Text – These are the text fields related to images and icons within UBB™.
Primary Wordlet™ Text – These are the text fields for the main display pages of UBB™.

I wonder why my modification wordlet doesnt appear...sigh frown frown frown
*pulls the rest of his hair out....big bald spot now** smile

well look above and follow the instructions on my previous post i edited

I get home from work around 5pm eastern time, if you are available, i will IMMEDIATELY jump on aim if you are going to be around!!!!
I really think this is a simple problem, that i just botched up somewhere....sigh...
Apparently it is due to the fact that i dont have Modification wordlet in my control panel

Sponsored Links
well good ill try to be around at that time if im not out with my girl....

SKhan8285

Thanks again for the code and all your help...when i get home, ill follow the directions in the mod kit and try to get that installed...
Thanks again. Hopefully if you are not busy later on this afternoon, we can chat on aim!
To install that, i am not going to need the shw program to install it, correct? i can just find and replace/add code to the files that it tells me too? I tried running the Script hacking wizard, but i could not figure out what to do after i loaded up the shw file.
Thanks again for your help, i think i can relax a bit more here at work and not worry as much! laugh laugh

LK Offline
Admin / Code Breaker
Admin / Code Breaker
Yes, it's step #3 in Mods Wordlets DevKit.

Thanks, while i am here at work, i am going to try to figure it out, to minimize all the questions i have to ask you!!
thanks again!

hey SK8285, can i ask you one more question while i am here at work? Can i alter the way it displays the users at the top? I would prefer it to look like:
User's Online:
Baptizer, SK8285, LP, and 2 guests

Exactly how would i go about getting it like this? Could you show me what i would have to add/delete in the vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file?(that is the file i am going to have to alter correct? hey, i am learning!! yipee!!!) laugh laugh laugh

there are 2 options to choose from in the whos online cp settings....you can either get it to a summary:

Currently Browsing The Boards: (1)
SK8285 - There is 1 member on the forums within the last 10 minutes.

or u can have it as a list like u mentioned...that can be edited in the CP settings of whos online...i think that should answer ur question if not post back

[ July 03, 2001 11:03 AM: Message edited by: SK8285 ]

ARGH!!! heheh...
i feel so silly...hehe. That corrected it!! THanks! 5 more hours and i am going to fix my vars_wordlets_mods.cgi file and make the necessary changes to get that workin in the control panel laugh laugh
thanks!
i'll talk to you on AIM if you dont go out with you girlfriend....tommorrow is 4th of the july you know!

man couldnt make it at 5...i came home at 5:47 PM EST US Time

anyway post ur AIM Screen Name and ill try to contact u or something

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63