Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#124295 11/20/2001 1:26 AM
I figured out how to make the top of the post go to the top like it's supposed to, but I need to figure out how to make the bottom go to the absolute bottom of the post.

Any help?

Sponsored Links
I don't know what you mean. Post a link to your board that might help...

it's an offline board at the moment, so you'll have to settle for a pic of it right now.

http://ericcollins.8m.com/jerry/post.jpg

Due to the server being strict about outside links, you have to copy/paste the URL.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Lord Nite ]

Forbidden Error.

Read the edit smile

Sponsored Links
Ahh, This happens alot. You'll have to smallen your ava if you want it to go to the bottom. because you don't have a big enough sig.

But that's the problem. I have avs of that size, and I know the sigs won't be long , and I want the bottom to go to the bottom.

I know it was done before, just can't find/remember how though.

in public_topic_page.pl find

quote:
thats the block of code you'll need to edit, i forget wat u do cause i killed my h-rules and added table to he top and bottom of post

HI LORD NITE!

This may be far different than what you wish to achieve but on my board I 'valigned' everything to the top and moved the member's info/authors extra (default at the bottom after the post body) to the top (above the post body). This will prevent any alignment problem that you are experiencing due to various sizes in avatars and sigs...In my opinion it looks nicer too.

I too am in favor of tables so I don't know the exact coding to make the H-Rules work. Anyway, good luck and I hope you'll find a solution that works best for you.

THANKS!
PrimeTime

#124304 11/20/2001 11:02 PM
Those were all good suggestions, but the table thing didn't work, nor did the HR valign.

I don't want to have to move the AuthorExtra info to the side, but I want the sig and the HR to move to the bottom.

If I could figure this out myself, I'd post the results here....but my brain is fried from trying to figure which file(s) to edit to acheieve it.

Sponsored Links
#124305 11/21/2001 12:47 AM
quote:
You will have to edit public_topic_page.pl, because that template file is what the UBB reads to set out the posts. I couldn't figure it out myself how to do it with the code AL posted, since it's already set to the bottom.

HI LORD NITE!

Actually the tables may very well work. The .pl files are extremely flexible which means that you can set the parameters of the board's layout. I didn't get a chance to test this out but you may want to try something to this nature.

If you noticed on the side where you have "show_public_names", "rating_line" and so forth, it will stretch down along with the post_body. The TD for both columns are dependent upon one another...Which means you can extend it (within the same TD) to another TR. By adding another row for the post_body you now can set the post body to be valigned at the top while the author_extra, ip_wording (and whatever else you have) to be valigned to the bottom. Now regardless if the member has a sig or not the post body will now stretch to the bottom without leaving a gap.

You can experiment by taking away the author_extra additions in the coding and you'll find that the text body will now be flushed from top to bottom. I've tried this part out and it did work.

Now when you place another row in the post_body you will have a gap where the public_names (left column) are displayed (either at the top or bottom whichever you valigned). Place a "rowspan" command to "2" in the TD or TR tags. By doing this, your left column will now stretch along with the post_body. I hope this works and if you want me to clarify some things please do so. Let us know how it went and GL.

THANKS!
PrimeTime

Searching through some of my old backup CD's, I came across the code to make the post line up correctly both top and bottom.

Code
code:

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63