Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Having a problem with the Private Messages 3.8 hack. It's working fine for all users except one and he's the only one with a goofy username. His username is "A+ Stu" and I think the "+" sign is what's causing him problems. I've also seen something weird in the "Who's Online" hack where he shows up only as "A Stu" without the "+". Any idea how I can fix the hacks so he can at least access his private messages? The Private Messages 3.8 hack can be found here . The Who's Online hack I got from Spawn's site but I don't have a direct link handy (I think it's the same as this one though). I'm more concerned about the PM problem though as it's such a cool feature. Is there a way to fix it or is he just screwed unless he changed his name to something without the "+"? If we can't fix it are there other characters that the users must avoid? Again, it works great for all except this one user and he's the only one with the goofy username. Thanks for any help!!

ER

ps
The "Discussion Thread" listed for the Private Messages 3.8 hack doesn't work or I would have checked there for a possible solution.

Sponsored Links
I know that you're not the first to have this problem, but I'm not aware if anyone ever came up with a solution for it or not. Basically any user with weird characters in their name, such as an ampersand, mathematical characters, etc may have problems..

I'll go take a look at the code again for you, and let you know if I come up with a solution.

Thank you very much! Any help is greatly appreciated, even if it's an official "you're out of luck". smile

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
most likely it's an official "your outta luck"... "+"'s are used to seperate names in the case of those with a space in their name, it gets added in at one point, then removed again at another.. the code is most likely seeing the + in your user's name and thinking the code added it in earlier, is now removing it...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63