Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I am looking for a hack that will add more user levels. I am using ubb 5.46 (at http://www.gamerforums.net ) and I can only use the standard ADMIN, Moderator, Member, Newbie levels. Granted you can rename them, but I know that there is a hack out there somewhere that lets you create an almost unlimited amount of user levels based on posts.

The problem is that I have no idea what this hack is calle, or how to search for it without the name... tipsy Anyone know what I am talking about? wink

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Sponsored Links
That's the "Custom User/Status Hack".

Look in the database.

[ June 05, 2001 11:52 AM: Message edited by: NBAustin ]

p2k Offline
I agree. Start off with the Stars Hack.

Adding this, you'll get a feel for what you can do in terms of posting levels. Eventually, I added to the Stars Hack and things are working very well.

First, I have 20 levels.

Second, each level shows a different set of images based on the users selected profile class. (it's an cRPG site). So for instance, if a registered member selected say an Elven Ranger and has 101 posts, they are level 5 and have leather armor and a long bow as an image. Meanwhile, a Dwarven Fighter who has 101 posts would have leather armor and a two-handed sword and a Human Rogue would receive a Short Bow, Poisoned Throwing Dagger and a Short Sword.

As posters gain by their contribution to the community and gain levels, their equipment becomes better (magical equipment), etc based on their selected class.

It's fun to play with perl.

peetwokay

Ok...

I am content to let my posters select their own Avatar image, but I would LOVE to be able to set various levels based on number of posts.

Your idea to set Avatar's to posting level is cool too! The things that people think up. Amazing stuff I tell ya.

Thanks for the help guys. laugh

Umm... sorry to be a bother... but I only found a couple relevant links about this.

This was the only one with an actual URL to download
https://www.ubbdev.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=000073
but the file is no longer there....

Does anyone have this saved somewhere that I can get a hold of? Please let me know. I really want to add user levels based on posts.

I am NOT looking for User Defined leveles. I want this to be set by the board based on number of posts and not modifiable by the posters.

I hope that makes sense wink

Sponsored Links
The best UserLevel hack around is Custom Status + Star Hack by Jimbo. You can add/remove/edit your status/image in the CP. and not only this, you can also add "special" titles for selected users with/without special graphics if you want. It is the best Stars/Title hack around. And users wont be able to edit their own titles so dont worry you're the only one in control.

P2K, can you give us the URL of your UBB I really want to see your Leveling System.

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes..
I use Jimbo's Custom Rank hack for this..and I use html to add the stars there.

p2k Offline

Thanks guys!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63