Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Well on my ubb I took a hell of a lot of shot of monsters and such from games like ff3 and not all monsters come in a convienient, uniform square, can someone tell me how to remove the size retrictions on avatars so they just show up their natural size? And also...does anyone know where i can get more avatars? I have around 1100 now, I want to just make sure people have plenty of choice.

Sponsored Links
If you want any size avatar you don't fill in the size requirements in your general settings where it asks for it.

Thank you, it's much appreciated, when I didn't do that at first they avatar selection didn't appear at all, but it occurs to me that could be a result of my having *just* installed the hack.

It should have said in the readme to set the permissions in General Settings.

It's all working great now, but I do have another question, I have two text files saved as "avatar add on". As I understand it, one of these is supposed to let people input the url to their own avatar, problem is: I don't know which one does that pr what the other one is supposed to do, if anyone could direct me to the aforementioned avatar hack I would be much obliged.

Sponsored Links
The avatar add on Installs a drop down list in your profile and when you register so you can select a avatar easily. It's pretty cool. smile

That's all it does...?

I already have that...so how are users supposed to be able to select their avatars normallly?

Addict
Addict
The standard avatar hack has a select drop down menu that has the full list of avatars available for use in registration form and profile form.

Non-standard avatar hacks are the ones where the avatars are on a seperate host and requires the user to enter in the URL of the image. This one is more risky as you can't control it easily.

If you sue the Jimbo custom title hack (could that be the name?) you can manually add an avatar below someone's name. This has its dissadvantages, as users have to actually request their avatar, and can't choose from a list of options. Although, at the same time, you can put any avatar you want, with any dimensions, and the like.

quote:
You click on the image you want then you submit your changes, If you want a custom avatar you either upload it for them with there Member Number, or you install the custom avatar uploader hack.

Sponsored Links
uh okay...that doesn't sound like such great fun...I want to let my mebers input urls to their avatars in a text box or be able to pick from my list. Right now I have the list and it's a good size, more then I'll need for quite a while I'd guess, but I'd just like to give them their own choices too.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63