Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Ok Allen, Mastermind, and Charles,

I run a board that has a little over 17,000 registered members. The problem is that the board is truely pushing UBB to the limits. I need a hack or just some code to fix an issue. I also wanted to point out when you guys do V6 mods to keep in mind larger boards that timeout doing some functions if you don't have a progress bar or something else for the browser to refresh on.

I can't email my users. I can't even get the board to output a list of their names, no matter what I do it times out. The board is just too big for it's own good, and gets bigger by 40 people every day.

The second issue (that isn't as important), is that lettercreate.pl times out when I run it.

If I shut down the board and sit there for 30 minutes (to ensure I kicked everyone off), it still isn't possible for me to email my users!

I really need a way to email all of those users again, and I don't have the necessary skills to make a progress bar on the mail portion.

I tried to provide as much detail as necessary, if you want to check the board out yourself ( Game Gossip Forums )

I know most of you are only doing hacks for v6 currently but there are simply to many users to go and upgrade my board, can you please help?

Specs are: 5.45c, running on duel Pen 500 box with 1024 megs of ram. OS is Linux. Exact member count is, 17327 at the time of this post.

[ June 27, 2001 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Pezman ]

Sponsored Links
**** that is a big Board, but When u get the ubb the number of emails allowed is 200 members so you need to change the code somehwhere in cpanel.cgi I think, GoTo knows the code coz somebody posted this not long ago.

Ok, I searched and I searched through the old posts here, but I can't seem to find anything about this, could you guys offer another go at helping me?

Hmm..I'll try find the code then.

Lord,

As far as i know, there is no limit to the emails a UBB can send. His problem is that the ubbmail.cgi is timing out on him.

Maybe an ISP/Server issue? Increase the server timeout?

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Code Fixer
Moderator / Code Fixer
Why not just use the output function to spit out a list of email addresses, then email them normally, this should avoid the timeout errors.

I can't afford a good signature editor frown
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
He is saying this times out as well...

A friend of mine runs a ubb a little larger than this, I'll ask him what he does, tho I don't know if he emails his members. It sounds like he runs the same server/ubb configuration as well.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Thanks for your help guys, all someone would need to do is just write some sort of subroutine that would write to a progress bar on my screen, or a cycle rating of like 50 so I can slow it down.

I have no idea how to do it, so I will sit here patiently waiting for one of you guys to come up with something.

Psst! I still need help if anyone can help me, I really need to be able to email my users due to a Coppa Compliancy change.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63