Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I'm designing a website, which will be hosted on the same server, domain, account, etc. as my UBB. The pages will be .shtml so they parse SSI. (the server supports it, I checked.)

I want to know how do I set it up, so that people on those pages get logged and shown on "whois online" I've seen it done no Spawn site, but I don't know how to do it myself! Is there a specific hack? Do I modify this line
Code
code:

which was included in the whois online hack? Is there something else. Also, in that SSI line, can I make it a full url. (http://www.....)

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
So you want to add the whos online box which tells you how many ppl and summary of list users in the forum lists or Threads?

Not quite. I want to log users who are browsing my site. So that they APPEAR on the whois online box. It'll say something like.

Demon: Main Site
      About.shtml

I just found the "home online" hack. It seems to be a step in the right direction, but is there a way for it to log multiple pages (not just the home page) with it?

Moderator / Code Fixer
Moderator / Code Fixer
I just wrote a small file which I call via SSI from any page on my site which writes that user into the who's online table into my UBB. If you look into the Who's Online instructions, down the bottom from memory it tells you what sub to call to allow that user to be logged as browsing the 'links page' or 'on chat page' etc...

I can't afford a good signature editor frown
Sponsored Links
That too lines of code, that they give?

Code
code:

Or the line from the top of this page? Either way can you give me an example of the file? Thanks.

Hmm..maybe you should try find the code they added onto the main page for logging into Who's online and add it to the files you want..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849