Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
http://www.cuttingtheedge.com/cgi-b...Needed&number=18&DaysPrune=45&LastLogin=

go to that url and try to post something. It's in the no registration area so you dont have to register, but after you try to post your message it gives an error. It looks like part of the problem is with the lasttime posted hack thingy. But I guess I was wondering why is it giving an error? I copied the forum from the other server where it was working fine. I was wondering if I should try to get my old forum working that has a few posts in it with probably a good 10 to 15 hacks installed or just start all over? frown I really didn't want to start over, but I have already had a few errors I have been able to fix on my own. But I don't want to get more errors and waste time on them. Which do you recommend?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Did you reset all of the paths in General Settings correctly?

Just an idea...

Moderator / Code Fixer
Moderator / Code Fixer
How did you copy them from one server to another, did you tar up the directories?
Make you the permissions are correct on all the files/directories.

I've moved my board without any problems just buy tar'ing it up, Ive got about 25 hacks installed.

I can't afford a good signature editor frown
How did you re-create the ENTIRE directory structure on the new server? I just moved our board to a new server and it was OK...but not easy!! smile Look at this path:

http://www.cuttingtheedge.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/000005.html

Does that ENTIRE path exist on your new server? At one point I forgot to make sure ALL of the folders/subfolders were there on the new server and had some problems. In the Control Panel...does EVERYTHING work? I found several of my problems when I went to update the threads and it failed. Good luck!

quote:
Oh yeah, frown Sorry, I forgot to mention that. It does that. When I try to update it gives an error. Something about a certain line in the library.pl file I think. Probably some stupid hack I put in that is now fooked. frown

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Code Fixer
Moderator / Code Fixer
If you had of tar'ed your files it would have kept the directory structure for you.
Have you changed your absolute paths in the general settings? Is the path to perl the same as it was on the old server?
If the above fails do a grep statement looking for your old absolute path on files in your UBB CGI directory. eg

[UBBBox]:root:> grep -l "/home/site/mysite/ubbcgi" *

If any results are returned you'll need to edit the paths in those files to be reflective of your new server.
Hope this helps.

I can't afford a good signature editor frown
quote:
You'll have to manually go into the file and try find the error, that may be your problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63