Rate Thread
I tright to install 4 diverent hacks..
Who's Online for UBB 6.1+
MegaMod Hack for UBB 6.01
Sticky threads for Ubb 6.XX ver 1.5
and
Total Posts and Topics Hack 1.1 for Version 6.01
--
A friend tryd to help me installing those hacks we both had no luck with every hack we are trying to install we mis parts that you should replace or should add something after or before.. does anyone of you know why this is? And could you maybe help me out?? thnx

Sponsored Links
Moderator / Developer
Moderator / Developer
different hacks have different install formats. but generally it will give you the code to find, then the code to either replace, add after, or add before what you found. just read the directions carefully

included in qasic's hacks are autoinstallers which run fairly easily (unix only iirc). some other hacks have multihack files, which might help...

well it is just the problem me and my friend tryd most hacks bout 2 or 3 times, and we just get errors in the middle of installing a hack, a line you need to replace is missing and things like that..

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
First thing I notice is that you are trying to install v 6.0x hacks on v6.1.x That won't work. You need to find the MegaMod hack for 6.1.x in the beta forum, same for the total posts/hits hack you have listed. Be sure you are selecting hacks for your version from the v6.1 categories, and not the Classic series.

ok so now I know that, but what about the 2 other hacks?? the 2 others are the most important those 2 you meantioned are just for fun

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
First of all, are you using the PHP accelerator? If so, you will need to get the Who's Online version that is PHP compliant.

I have installed the Sticky threads successfully on UBB 6.1.0.3. Be sure you have correct file permissions on the the files, and make sure you have hacked every file correctly.

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Another note:

Hit Hack: https://ubbdev.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=000021

If you give more info about your error(s) on the Sticky Thread problem then jordo would be able to give you more info. Also check here for more information on the Sticky Threads.

I aint using the accelerator and I wil post more info on the errors when I get home

It's probably a really dumb question, but I guess it's related. I grab the kit for installing, say, the WhosOnline hack, take it to my own PC at home, unzip it and FTP all the files to my UNIX server (damn silly thing won't run unzip on the server..Grrrr...)
But it's not clear to me where I should be uploading the files TO, so that the magic autoinstallers can do their stuff. Any clues would be much appreciated....
(Then I can work on finding out how to run the installers without a shell interface... double-grrr...)

TIA, and a merry Christmas

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
I know the who's online installer is ran from your cgi-bin directory: http://yourserver.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb_whos_online_install.cgi

But there should be a file with directions on how to install the hack. That is if you want to install the hack manually. Then you would need to upload the necessary files to their directories (.pl into /noncgi/templates and .cgi into /cgi-bin)

If you are using the installer, then you just need to upload the installer into your cgi-bin directory, and type the url in your web browser.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63