Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I assume I should put this thread here, feel free to move it guys if you want to.

I am working on three hacks right, one is completely done, and the other two are half done.

The first is the newbie folder hack (this is done):
Shows a blue folder if a thread is a created by a member with only one post. Once the user makes a second post, the folder changes to the default color. Also works if the the thread is closed or hot and the user has still only made one post, meaning the hot folder is blue, the lock folder is blue. Complete with wordlets and control panel configurations. Will be released soon.

The second hack is the News Fader (almost done):
This was available on the 5.4x series. Basically it's just a rewrite of that hack, but doesn't include the option to show announcements or the last registered user, as those features don't make much sense anymore. So basically it is only used for site headlines, or whatever you news you want to fade in and and out of it. I have it all done, except I need to write the control panel functionality and set some wordlets for it.

The last hack is the Moved Icon Hack:
Basically this hack will show a "moved" folder instead of a "closed" folder when a topic is actually moved. This hack was also available on 5.4x as well. Working on the wordlet and cp functionality and also working to get the "This topic was moved to: Forum 1" to actually link directly to new post's location and not just the forum. It's almost done, but I do have the icons working.

If you want to see any of these hacks, they're all up on my board, which is also out of test mode:

http://www.vhforums.com

So coming soon!

Sponsored Links
how bout ereleaseing number 1?

Good job! Cant wait for em

Hey Slurpee, I was have been also working on newsfader. And couldn't you use something like this:
Code
code:
for the latest registered member? I got all of the subs upgraded, the only thing I lack is the Control Panel. Well, tell me if that works. Also, I think there are a couple of more places you have to add too to get the latest registered member.

-Gamer-

The control panel is the hard part. smile

Gamer - I didn't think it made much sense to include the last person to register welcome in there since it's at the top of the board anyway. Just seemed like overkill to me.

I will release the Newbie Hack later tonight if I get a chance to document it.

Sponsored Links
Really? I always found the CP part to be a little easier than in UBB5x.

-MM-

Where would we people be without people who know how to hack and so, well nowhere man what you want to do sound very nice,ya i would like it very mutch special the newsfader..

cant wait hehe will stay up all night..

Grtx
Wizkid From PsxBasement

[Linked Image]

Ahh, alrighty then. Hope you get them all done Slurpee, I can not wait.

~Gamer~

Slurpee,

Nice board....

How many hacks are you using on the site?

Is the Total Posts in the upper right corner of the home page a hack?

Guys I'm gonna try to get the Newbie one done tonight and up for you guys, could be late though.

The Total Posts thing is a hack, takes the count from the user's profile posts, not the actual threads. Some people don't like that.

I've got a fair amount of hacks, just trying to put back what I had before. Next I gotta see if I can do that World Time thing again.

Sponsored Links
Slurpee, if you need help with the CP functions then gimme a shout, as I created a news fader and the CP control panels, but had had some problems of my own smile

Sirox, it seems like it shouldn't be too bad, but absolutely I will let you know if I struggle with it. Thanks!

Hmm...what applications would your first hack have? I just can't see why that would be useful?

But i'm looking forward to hack#3 laugh

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
nice work!

Hey Slurpee, I already have a the move hack done (I did the last one for v5), I just haven't written up the docs for it yet. If you want to do it, I don't really mind, just let me know if you need any help, as it's been working fine for me so far.

Cant wait to install em tommorow! Great work!

The newbie hack is useful for you to track the threads created by first time posters. I like to do that because we have a lot of idiots on our boards who come to cause trouble and spread rumors, and normally it's these people who post one time, so they are easily flagged.

Leshrac - Well if I struggle with the last part of it, I'll turn it over to you. My coding on it might be shaky so I am gonna double-check it.

Gonna document the newbie one tonight for those that want it, and then concentrate finishing the News Fader.

can you doc the total posts please! cool

It's already up here somewhere, but here is the link again
http://www.vhlinks.com/pages/ubbhacks/totalposts6.txt

very nice smile

btw, a hack would be nice that resized images or split up text (i.e. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa etc.) which went over the edge of the page, and images could be resized to fit.

i.e. if image size>700x650, resize to 500x300 etc

I have created for you, an Owl. It is a good Owl. It is The Owl. You will view The Owl, and you will be taken in. The Owl will rule your feeble minds.
and I've just had another great idea smile

instead of quoting normally like UBB6 does, get the UBB to quote inside a multiline textbox form field

what d'ya think? smile would be an easy hack 2 make

I have created for you, an Owl. It is a good Owl. It is The Owl. You will view The Owl, and you will be taken in. The Owl will rule your feeble minds.
Ok I am going to try to finish the News Fader hack tonight and get some instructions for you guys.

My only problem is that someone told me on IE 5 on a Mac they are not able to see the fader. I don't recall this problem on the old fader, but perhaps it existed because I haven't changed the actual fader code at all. Anyone else notice this?

Any word?

Still working on MM, trying my best to get it done tonight.

Guys it's very close, the CP stuff is working fine, just needs a little testing to make sure and I'll get it documented tomorrow morning. I'm too tired to get it completed tonight. It will be up tomorrow.

great

Ok guys it's working fine, I just have to write the instructions, which will take me about 30 minutes and I will start a new thread with the hack.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63